Rotorua Rudeness (rant)

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:34pm

I'm in the lovely Rotovegas for the long weekend. Rode the Whaka 100 yesterday, so went out for a sifty day today, including a ride on the shuttle bus. Nothing flash, just a run down Corners... easy, right? Lots of people out in the forest, all out for a fun day, right? Apparently not. I missed the memo warning me to stay out of the forest, Hutt Valley mtb 'club' and their associates were using the trails. :crazy: I admit to being one of the slower riders around the place, but I like to think that I'm reasonably courteous and get out of others' way as soon as practical... I was on my way down the hill, having fun, slowing down to ride a piece that I wasn't familiar with when I heard a loud, aggressive yell of "RIDER!!" behind me, along with the sound of a bike approaching at speed. OK, I'm a wuss, I pulled over in a hurry to avoid getting run over (and ended up walking the piece that I'd wanted to ride) and told the guy to 'settle' as he blew past. Seems it was my fault for stopping in the middle of the track. Um, I was upright on my bike and have yet to learn to track stand, so WTF? Got to the end of the trail and managed not to rant at the 'person' in question, just suggest that it (his behaviour) wasn't on and was, in fact, rude. The response - I shouldn't have been in the middle of the track, his brakes didn't work that well!! I can understand someone being annoyed at being held up for ages - but to yell at someone as soon as you see them? No "please" or "when you can" (unlike the guys in full DH kit who were really polite), just rudeness. As you can tell, this really pissed me off!! Am I right to be pissed, or should I pull my head in? Trails are there to be shared/enjoyed by all levels of rider, right?
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Rotorua Rudeness (rant)

Postby wachtourak on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:40pm

Shoulda choked a bitch
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:40pm

Sure it wasn't a local? I've heard from many different, trusted sources that the vast majority of Rotorua locals are total asswipes.
happybaboon
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:41pm

If his brakes don't work perhaps he should fix them
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby happybaboon on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:44pm

Yeah, fuck knows how the hell he thinks he is ever going to be able to do sum sik skidz without decent brakes.
happybaboon
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:48pm

happybaboon wrote:Sure it wasn't a local? I've heard from many different, trusted sources that the vast majority of Rotorua locals are total asswipes.

Nope, definitely with the Hutt Valley mtb crew, up here for the long weekend.
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby Wobbler on Sun 23/Oct/11 7:49pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Sure it wasn't a local? I've heard from many different, trusted sources that the vast majority of Rotorua locals are total asswipes.

Nope, definitely with the Hutt Valley mtb crew, up here for the long weekend.

That is your problem right thuur
Wobbler
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby ape on Sun 23/Oct/11 8:14pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote: (unlike the guys in full DH kit who were really polite)

often the case..., those who can ride and are serious about it, understand the whole spectrum, (probably because they've had to wait for that guy who passed you earlier) those who are wannabes in the middle and feel like they've got something to prove are the ones who don't respect other trail users.
ape
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby kona.stinky. on Sun 23/Oct/11 8:41pm

Should have thrown poo at them
kona.stinky.
"Feed us fetus fajitas"
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 23/Oct/11 9:26pm

those hutt valley types must be awesome, after all, corners is a completely full on grade three madcore DH track :cool:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 23/Oct/11 10:52pm

Really??

I think your sources have it wrong
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby znomit on Sun 23/Oct/11 10:58pm

pushbikerider wrote:

Really??

I think your sources have it wrong

Yeah, I'm guessing "I've come nearly all the way from the capital and god forbid anyone spoil MY fun."
znomit
Member for: 6 years 2 months

Postby VERT on Sun 23/Oct/11 11:27pm

Hater's got to hate. I went for a sifty ride around today after the Whaka yesterday and only bumped into friendly people.
VERT

Postby Colin on Mon 24/Oct/11 12:20am

Dickheads are dickeheads because they are dickheads, not because of where they come from.
Colin
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby .I. on Mon 24/Oct/11 8:00am

while you are quite correct Colin, I have witnessed HVMBC members acting in this type manor on more than one occasion in other parts of the country,so rants like the above really don't surprise me!
I feel sorry for the good guys in there club, I'm sure they not all
exaclty full of themselves or are they ? (maybe its a membership requirement?)
.I.
Member for: 4 years 6 months

Bay of Plenty | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua - Latest Posts