This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

Roly Not Considered For Nz Team

Postby dhroadie on Wed 1/Nov/06 3:22pm

from Newstalk ZB...

Hayden Roulston hasn't been considered for the New Zealand team at the UCI Track World Cup meet in Sydney.

A strong team has been named for the Sydney round with the goal of achieving qualification criteria for the World Championships.

Bike NZ High Performance Manager Terry Gyde says Roulston is not up to racing at the top level just yet.

Gyde says Roulston is just going through the motions of proving his health to various people, but at this stage Hayden has not been considered for Sydney or Moscow.

Terry Gyde says he has spoken to Roulston and they both have an understanding about where he's at, and he's likely to be considered in the future.

Young Westley Gough has also been included in the team after an impressive ride at a Trans Tasman meet last night.
dhroadie
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Roly Not Considered For Nz Team

Postby Tugboat on Wed 1/Nov/06 6:09pm

dhroadie wrote:
Bike NZ High Performance Manager Terry Gyde says Roulston is not up to racing at the top level just yet.

WTF?? Roly goes out and wins the national road title and yet "he is not up to racing at the top level"... I'm sure that he could easily out ride most of the other riders they've picked for those two track teams :angry:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby jeremyb on Wed 1/Nov/06 6:12pm

I'd imagine they're waiting to see how his health goes, if you selected him and his heart went pop you'd feel terrible!
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Roly Not Considered For Nz Team

Postby mundi on Wed 1/Nov/06 6:18pm

Tugboat wrote:
dhroadie wrote:

WTF?? Roly goes out and wins the national road title and yet "he is not up to racing at the top level"... I'm sure that he could easily out ride most of the other riders they've picked for those two track teams :angry:

I agree! So by the selectors logic, all of the people who raced nationals are not up to racing at that level then.

It would be stink if he popped, and I can see why they would want to wait, but perhaps offering a better reason than what they've given, as I believe he his up to racing at the level required.
mundi
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby SamultheCamul on Wed 1/Nov/06 6:35pm

I understand where Terry is coming from.
Hayden has only just stated riding again, and still has a bit to do to prove he is back to full health.
I disagree with you guys, that winning road nationals proves he is clear cut healthy again. Give it Southland and a few more months of full on racing, and then we will see if he is definately ok.
SamultheCamul
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby SamultheCamul on Wed 1/Nov/06 6:37pm

Also U19 rider Jessie Sergent has also been included in the team to ride the Moscow world cup in December, alongside West, and 19 year olds Sam Bewley and Darren Shea.
SamultheCamul
Member for: 15 years 9 months

- Latest Posts