Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby briiii on Sun 1/Nov/09 9:59pm

nzmatto wrote:
briiii wrote:I hope you weren't using a mobile electronic device while riding a bicycle nzmatto... tsk tsk!

Hang on, I thought it was just cellphones / communication devices. Does it include all handheld devices? if so....bugger!
I carry a camera with me pretty much all the time I am riding.

Na, I don't think it includes cameras... I assumed you had taken it with a phone. My bad!
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby nzmatto on Sun 1/Nov/09 10:04pm

briiii wrote:
nzmatto wrote:
briiii wrote:I hope you weren't using a mobile electronic device while riding a bicycle nzmatto... tsk tsk!

Hang on, I thought it was just cellphones / communication devices. Does it include all handheld devices? if so....bugger!
I carry a camera with me pretty much all the time I am riding.

Na, I don't think it includes cameras... I assumed you had taken it with a phone. My bad!

Nope, i carry my trusty little samsung S73 (very unflash) camera. I've had some great views whilst out cycling and also try to take shots on larger group rides / fun rides I am on. I find it gives a different angle to all the ones you see taken from the side of the road and so some of the have ended up in the hands of RoadCycling.co.nz I also tend to use them on my blog a lot.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Mon 2/Nov/09 9:49am

tailwind northerly, but loads of drizzle this morning. flew dwont he road from waikanae to paekak, but got a nasty slash in my new tyre just before the hill :angry: guess I didn't pump up the replaced tube enough as I got a snakebite at the top of haywards. patched the tube and pumped it up pretty hard and made up some time for the rest of the way to wellie. At least the drizzle dried up :)
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"

Postby Nick_K on Mon 2/Nov/09 10:31pm

All my mtb's were out of action so did a lazy Makara loop.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby cooper770 on Tue 3/Nov/09 2:15pm

Just got in from doing the Feilding to peep o day and back run. Gradual up hill for 24km, the some big climbs/rolling hills for 25kms then turn around and enjoy the well earned mainly down hill for the journey home....only problem was I didn't factor in the near gale force change to the wind and nth-westerly head on to come home :satan: ...so it took me longer to get back than it took to get out there, and now I'm home the wind has died off to nothing! Bloody typical! All up door to door was 98km.... :)
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 3/Nov/09 4:46pm

Just a 45km lunch loop up to Te Horo today. I had to pick up something, so didn't mind the work north into the northerly. Stopped at the Te Horo Cafe (by the museum) and had a coffee and croissant for lunch before leisurely enjoying the tailwind home down SH1. It is the first time I've been down there in the middle of the day. Not so keen on having so many trucks go past, but hey, it's the main highway, so I should expect it.
Nice riding, but very humid. Clouds causing the humidity have moved on now.
nzmatto

Postby Lynskey on Tue 3/Nov/09 4:53pm

Karori West -> Makara Beach -> JVille -> Paremata -> Haywards -> SH2 -> Quick smash up Mt Vic -> Dixon St (where I saw the lovely Mono) -> Karori West.

108kms @ somewhere around 26km/h.

Mmmm northerly.
Lynskey
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby ArjanH on Tue 3/Nov/09 5:28pm

Don't you two work?
:) :) :)
ArjanH
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Lynskey on Tue 3/Nov/09 6:06pm

"Study" leave yo, the baddest.
Lynskey
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Fergie on Tue 3/Nov/09 7:02pm

Short Bays after Tech. Very windy day but reasonably shealtered round the Bays. Had a guy start Hackthorne 10sec in front of me and he varied from 30-60sec in front the whole way. I would have got him down into Governors but decided against passing 5 cars in one go. At the bottom of Evan's he had 60sec but dug in a reeled him in as it pinches up near the top. Overall a very satisfying ride.

Mojo75%
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 3/Nov/09 8:39pm

ArjanH wrote:Don't you two work?
:) :) :)

I was working. :) Call it a lunch break.....
nzmatto

Postby Flynnster on Tue 3/Nov/09 8:53pm

double up on the posts - sorry
Last edited by Flynnster on Tue 3/Nov/09 9:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnster
"descending like my grandmother on a 70’s chopper"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Flynnster on Tue 3/Nov/09 8:59pm

On the way up through Karori for quick spin round Makara after work with a couple of the lads I saw the first candidate for the 'Dick of the week' award :angry:

One male driver in a late model merc executes a left hand turn into a gas station right in front of us without indicating with a cellphone jammed against the side of his head. What a winner!!! :angry: That has to be a fail! This is exactly what the new law is designed to prevent.

Aside from that it was a good ride - legs still a bit heavy after a 275km weekend. I'm definately not in the same league as mono :)
Flynnster
"descending like my grandmother on a 70’s chopper"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Spyder on Tue 3/Nov/09 9:03pm

Saw some silly little bint tonight - poxy little Daihatsu or something, no seatbelt, texting away. Big jam on the brakes when she realised that she couldn't just swing through that stop sign onto the road where I was :satan:

Other than that and the wind, was a good ride around Chch.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Monolith on Tue 3/Nov/09 9:18pm

Flynnster wrote:Aside from that it was a good ride - legs still a bit heavy after a 275km weekend.

Dude, a 275km weekend is good going in anyone's books :thumbsup: Not suprised your shanks were feeling less than sprightly after that.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts