Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby sifter on Fri 1/Oct/10 9:07pm

Oli wrote:But fatty meat is about the longest digestion time of any food ever made! The energy it must have been sucking out of you just for your poor stomach to break that shit down... :cry:

It tasted delicious! :D Fuck, I'm such a novice... :shakeshead:
sifter
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Fri 1/Oct/10 9:16pm

:D
Oli
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 1/Oct/10 10:41pm

ok so week was a bit messed up. Started well on Sat with a great trip up the rimutuka incline with my kids and my sister. the boys (10, 9 and 7) cruised up on their bikes with the wind blowing us up the hill, fuelled by homemade fudge and other treats, while I towed my 5yo daughter on a trailgator :D well done to Nick (7) on his 16 inch wheel SS bike for just getting on and no complaining. he was also the only casulty as well, having got a bit ahead of himself down a steep hill and coming a cropper, but he didn't complain.

Sun with a short ride with KCC then a first TTT practice, just 20k from Otaki back to 'pram. was interesting! Monday was a ride home over akas, slow as was with my mate and he was planning on heading back to wellie after getting food from his parents in Waikanae. So I took the edge off the headwind for him, cajoled him along the akas etc...he did go back too, so well done to him. He's doing it again as I type (I hope!)

Tuesday it started to go wrong: got home early in time for the KCC tuesday night races, put my new wheels on for the first time, spent so much time swapping the brake pads over for the carbon wheels that I almost missed the start AND had the rear brake too tight so had bad brake rub right at the start. Stopped to and fix it, but still had light rubbing (but didn't realise it!), did a several of solo laps (harassed by the organisers for being lazy!), passing a few guys who had dropped off the pace of slower groups until break 2 came through to lap me (I had started with break). Raced with them and continued for another lap after their sprint.

Wed and thurs I woke up, listened to the rain and went back to sleep! I had big 300km weekend planned so didn't feel bad, till I found out yesterday that I had a misunderstanding with my sister and she COULDN'T babysit this weekend. So quick replan, weather helped out and rode in over the akas to wellie this morning (good choice as Paekak HIll was closed!) and then came back with my mate this evening, in pretty glorious sunshine and finally a non gale!
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 2/Oct/10 11:10am

The are two types of riders I’m riding with in the weekends –1/ those who are nice n fit for the Pukekohe Express and Taupo….and 2/ the rest of us :blush:
Last edited by FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 2/Oct/10 12:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby cooper770 on Sat 2/Oct/10 11:48am

sifter wrote:
cooper770 wrote:
happybaboon wrote:A highly masculine testosterone-fuelled ride of Aoukautere, (saw that the gorge was closed, so avoided P track 'cos of all the traffic that'd be on it), Asshurst, road out to Pooshangyna, Valley Rd, general area of Feilding then home. 70ish K's in 2.5ish hours.

Should have swung by the farmers market, I'd have knocked you up a tasty baked spud for lunch :) next time

I had a great ride last Sunday in your neck of the woods... =} http://sifter-writes-bikes.blogspot.com ... ng-on.html

Great blog, really well written and enjoyable.
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby XCrazy on Sat 2/Oct/10 6:34pm

These Garmaing things are quite cool. Lap of the block for me today: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/51302890
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby sifter on Sat 2/Oct/10 6:47pm

cooper770 wrote:
sifter wrote:
cooper770 wrote:
happybaboon wrote:A highly masculine testosterone-fuelled ride of Aoukautere, (saw that the gorge was closed, so avoided P track 'cos of all the traffic that'd be on it), Asshurst, road out to Pooshangyna, Valley Rd, general area of Feilding then home. 70ish K's in 2.5ish hours.

Should have swung by the farmers market, I'd have knocked you up a tasty baked spud for lunch :) next time

I had a great ride last Sunday in your neck of the woods... =} http://sifter-writes-bikes.blogspot.com ... ng-on.html

Great blog, really well written and enjoyable.

Cheers! :)
sifter
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 2/Oct/10 7:00pm

XCrazy wrote:These Garmaing things are quite cool. Lap of the block for me today: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/51302890

Ditto http://connect.garmin.com/activity/51303364
Banked really really badly and nearly passed out on the Aka's, Had to stop twice, including a coffee at Staglands. Eventually made it home. Need to sort out my food. I did not go through enough.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Sat 2/Oct/10 7:05pm

"Bonked" not "banked". :D
Oli

Postby jeyboi on Sat 2/Oct/10 7:09pm

Yeah, no banking on weekends fool.
jeyboi
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby znomit on Sat 2/Oct/10 7:13pm

Nice here in palmy today so I put my summer gear on :)

And my shoes which were still sodden from thursday night :angry:

I headed out to Ashurst for a gentle spin up Valley rd, but the tailwind into the hills was too tempting, so up and over the Saddle rd and back via the Pahiatua Track.
Came around a particularly fast corner down the Saddle road to see a slow moving gypsy truck. Brakes work just well enough. :crazy:

On a good day I hate the climb from the gorge to the base of the track, today with the side wind it was a real slog but went by quickly.
Got a friendly tap on the helmet from the magpie at the top of the track.
A few roadies out, handsome looking fellow in a Roadworks top huffing and puffing up the track as I sped down.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/51302360
znomit
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Sat 2/Oct/10 7:15pm

bABS!@ :love:
Oli

Postby sifter on Sat 2/Oct/10 7:17pm

Oli wrote:bABS!@ :love:

Good to see you out this arvo, bro :love: