Rs Revelation Rc3 Vs Pike

Postby MattV on Tue 19/May/15 5:03pm

Hi folks

How much more awesome are Pikes than Revelations? Are they "that much" better than Revelations to justify the price?
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Rs Revelation Rc3 Vs Pike

Postby beater32 on Tue 19/May/15 6:51pm

I went through this dilemma not so long ago. I was pretty set on the Revelations mainly due to cost. But part of me knew I'd always wonder how good a Pike was..
So I did lots of searching a found a new one on Pinkbike that the guy was happy to send and fiddle the cost for duty. It came to around the same as buying a new Rev here.
I guess performance wise I hadn't noticed much around our local trails, but once I got to Rotorua into the real rooty stuff it was pretty fkn awesome.
beater32
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 19/May/15 9:54pm

My Pike RCT3 is waaaay better than my old 2010 Revelation in every way (apart from weight of course).
Plusher, laterally and torsionally stiffer, pimper.
Revs haven't changed since my version apart from the damper (just had regular MoCo but with the dual rebound).

Pikes ftw.
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby herbman on Tue 19/May/15 11:03pm

Pikes, my old 55rc3 ti were better than any RS fork I had ridden till I tried the pikes on my new bike.
herbman
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby MattV on Thu 21/May/15 6:21pm

Sweet, looks like I may be saving my monies for a little bit longer than. :thumbsup:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Bikes + Frames + Forks | Cycling | Forks | Suspension Forks - Latest Posts