Re: Retro Season Is Upon Us

Postby happybaboon on Sat 13/Jun/15 1:56am

Wait, are you guys kidding? What the hell? How did Oli get banned? That's fucking stupid.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 13/Jun/15 1:57am

"Oh hai were going 2 ban NZs best bike mechanic frm ur forumz"
Great idea!!!! :blink: :rolleyes:
happybaboon

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 13/Jun/15 4:01am

PM. :paranoid:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 13/Jun/15 4:26am

:huh:
happybaboon

Postby Orphan on Sat 13/Jun/15 8:27am

Can of worms I didn't expect. And having had a poke about teh webs, yup, that's him.

Hell, if this was one of his last posts, seems he was being pretty negative about the place?
norton-and-jones-take-lead-day-one-coast-coast-t126739.html

Quite a bit of that.... Hope time out is working.
Orphan
"I ride bicycles."
Member for: 2 years 7 months

Postby znomit on Sat 13/Jun/15 8:30am

happybaboon wrote: That'd be like banning Jebus from church.

This is a great idea.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Rik on Sat 13/Jun/15 1:06pm

EoinC wrote:Oli did get banned, and decided it was NOT worth coming back when the ban was lifted.
Fixored

Yeah I temporarily banned Oli, I needed him to chill out for a week. As Eoin said, he chose not to come back to vorb because of.

I would encourage you all to start a new thread if you want to have a shout about it, but I think SlowMTB (and so do I) had intended to use this thread to vaguely organise some retro rides. Any Christchurchers fancy dusting off their old Steelies? Hell if Oli was in town we'd love him to joins us.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 13/Jun/15 4:43pm

My bike looks old... but it is not... and it is on my windtrainer... and it is 12130.8 km away from Christchurch... dang, that Pacific Ocean is a biggun eh?
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Orphan on Sat 13/Jun/15 5:11pm

I have been trying to track down a Morrison Freeway. It was my freeway on the highway...as Alexi used to say. ;-)

Wouldn't mind trying to find me an old Super Strada too. Also had one of them.
Orphan
"I ride bicycles."
Member for: 2 years 7 months

Postby slowMTB on Sat 13/Jun/15 8:20pm

Todays ride.Image

slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby philstar on Sun 14/Jun/15 1:30am

Bigfoot wrote:dang, that Pacific Ocean is a biggun eh?

just bunny hop it :)
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby swtchbckr on Sun 14/Jun/15 8:37am

slowMTB wrote:Todays ride.Image

All 2 of you? I've got an old steely in the garage that someone game me, but I'm no roadie so wouldn't know what to do :)
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 14/Jun/15 5:31pm

swtchbckr wrote:All 2 of you? I've got an old steely in the garage that someone game me, but I'm no roadie so wouldn't know what to do :)

Its a bike, surely its not that hard to work out how to ride it :p
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby slowMTB on Sun 14/Jun/15 6:48pm

swtchbckr wrote:
slowMTB wrote:Todays ride.Image

All 2 of you? I've got an old steely in the garage that someone game me, but I'm no roadie so wouldn't know what to do :)

Seriously, it all pretty low key. The intention is to get off the couch, get some numbers together over time and maybe even get a regular group together.
If the old steely is a runner then that is all you need, you are welcome to join us. At the moment I am getting my daughter up to speed, she is a newbie. She started out on a Healing Skylark and found it hard work but at least she is doing it. I found a Vitus 979 for her and she is finding it a lot easier going. It is a Dad Daughter thing atm ( I am seriously out of shape :( ).

All going to plan I a will start throwing rides on here about July, be great to see the retro steeds getting dusted off :)
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Fraser on Mon 15/Jun/15 9:55am

Rik wrote:
EoinC wrote:Oli did get banned, and decided it was NOT worth coming back when the ban was lifted.
Fixored

Yeah I temporarily banned Oli, I needed him to chill out for a week. As Eoin said, he chose not to come back to vorb because of.

I would encourage you all to start a new thread if you want to have a shout about it, but I think SlowMTB (and so do I) had intended to use this thread to vaguely organise some retro rides. Any Christchurchers fancy dusting off their old Steelies? Hell if Oli was in town we'd love him to joins us.

Yeah I have noticed that my original comments from page one have been deleted as well?
Don't mention bowtie wearing recumbant riders either huh?

From my perspective this is really fishy, I don't know the details of what happened between you and Oli. Having irritated him for 7 years as a Sifter at Bicycle Village and Cycle services by using his bike stand, tools etc. Only appeasing him with the odd Latte from Midnight Espresso and this getting to a point that Tama used it on a message board that turned into the forum in Wellington that you run now, you have taken this to a level of pissing him off to something I have never attained.

You can cut and paste this whole event any which way you want here. But to me it should be you taking the initiative and offering Oli a few glasses of rum in Wellington next time you are there than painting him as the bad guy in all this.

"So I told them to wear tweed riding a Raleigh 10 speed in another part of the country and the muthafuckas didn't turn up?"
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Cycling | Retro Bicycles - Latest Posts