Results: Southland Mtb Club Bnz 8hr Mad Winter Enduro

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Tue 23/Jun/09 8:51am

174 competitors completed 597 laps in the South Mountain Bike Club BNZ 8 Hour Enduro held on Sunday at Sandy Point, Invercargill.

Following up his excellent performance from the Naseby 12 Hour and Southland Winter XC Series Ryan Cull took out Solo Men, the fastest lap (29:39) and second place overall.
2009 BNZ Mad Winter Enduro.pdf
Results: South Mountain Bike Club BNZ 8 Hour Enduro (as a .pdf file)
Downloaded 157 times
2009 BNZ Mad Winter Enduro.txt
Results: South Mountain Bike Club BNZ 8 Hour Enduro (as a .txt file)
Downloaded 67 times
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Re: Results: Southland Mtb Club Bnz 8hr Mad Winter Enduro

Postby psychavoc on Tue 23/Jun/09 10:40am

It was an awesome race :thumbsup: You couldn't ask for better weeather in the depths of winter, and the mixture of 4wd and singletrack was perfect :)

(I have a race report up on my blog if anyone's interested :blush: http://www.celiaridesbikes.com/ )
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby hpg on Tue 23/Jun/09 5:59pm

Take a look at Ryans lap times. Those are pretty consistent times through the first 5 hours and includes the fastest 4 or 5 full lap times. Impressive effort!
hpg
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Shayler on Tue 23/Jun/09 6:01pm

I totally agree was an awsome event the single track was impressive and the fire breaks just gave you enough time to settle the heart rate back down until the next track the short sharp hills was the killer for me :crazy: but was soooo much fun recomend for all next year well done BNZ and Southland mtb club :thumbsup: and yeah Ryan Cull is a machine
Shayler
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby psychavoc on Sun 28/Jun/09 1:41pm

I think the fireroads were where I hit my max HR readings :lol:

Does anyone know who was taking the photos in the singletrack on that part that went down then up over a little bump where you could get some air? (on Svend perhaps? :eh:).
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Shayler on Sun 28/Jun/09 3:58pm

Yeah i was wanting to find out who was taking those pics too :D . I tried to impress her (the photographer) with a fat air!! :crazy: When doing the solo i found the only time you had to have a breather was on the firebreak runs but was impressed with the tracks they have down there i think the course found just about every little hill they could find though!! :rolleyes:
Shayler
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Event Results | Events | Invercargill | Lower South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Southland - Latest Posts