Postby Oli on Fri 1/Sep/06 8:29am

lubie wrote:
Oli wrote: bickering

healthy debate! ;)

People who've left the organisation bitching about how it's being done by the current crop? Bickering.
Oli
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby james on Fri 1/Sep/06 9:28am

lubie wrote:There was an AGM at Worlds? Jesus... at least I made the effort to let people know when this stuff was going on.

your obviously not cool any more lube's only the cool kids were invited. it was on thursday night.
james
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Walking_Frame on Fri 1/Sep/06 9:53am

I have deleted this original post :) as I'm already doing something productive at a local national and internaitonal level to help junior develpoment in this sport.
A
PS What I originally posted here were not generalisations rather information based on experience
Last edited by Walking_Frame on Fri 1/Sep/06 11:29am, edited 2 times in total.
Walking_Frame
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby bugle on Fri 1/Sep/06 10:20am

Valid if somewhat vitriolic rant Mr Frame, but for a great many people Vorb is the only portal to MTB other than their own riding...

A professionaly run nationwide sporting body would make the most of all the free exposure available to distribute information and harness the passion and value of the cycling community including 'net riders'

Full respect to anyone who gives any of their time/knowledge/$ to MTB

Tin of coca, car door
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 1/Sep/06 10:25am

Walking_Frame wrote:Either get involved or shut the f#$@ up.

It's a bit hard to get involved when you don't know where to start and it's not exactly easy to find out how. Finding out now that there was an AGM a week ago when probably most of NZs most enthusiastic mtb people were in the area is a bit useless for those who didn't know but would have made the effort to be there.

A lot of the people posting in this thread are already involved in some way and some would be involved more if they could but the organisations don't make it easy. Nobody's asking to be spoon fed, but for anyone wanting to start up a development programme or similar in their area it seems they've really got to do it under their own steam - why reinvent the wheel when others are already doing it successfully? From this, I've now got more names of people I can contact who may help, but then I've still got to see how much I can do and how much help I can get if I'm going to be able to do anything significant.

Lose the aggro - be constructive - abusing those who want to do more by firing out generalisations isn't going to encourage anyone to do anything other than give it up before they even start.

I think this thread has a lot of value and I'll thank you not to turn people away from it.
wgtngrl
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 1/Sep/06 10:26am

bugle wrote:Tin of coca, car door

:lol: Thanks Mr Bugle - that worked a treat :lol:
wgtngrl

Postby Slim on Fri 1/Sep/06 10:29am

Lisa.......Talk to Lubie and get Helena's email address, I've had great success deal with her on MTBNZ matters in the past.
Slim
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 1/Sep/06 10:42am

um.

1 easy step to getting involved:

Join your local club - they get craploads of info from BikeNZ and associated agencies including the AGMS. ;)
Scotty
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby james on Fri 1/Sep/06 10:47am

exactly FP :thumbsup:
james
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 1/Sep/06 11:09am

Slim wrote: Lisa.......Talk to Lubie and get Helena's email address, I've had great success deal with her on MTBNZ matters in the past.

Done :) And thanks for the good feedback on her - I'm a bit reluctant to just go contacting people if they're going to be apathetic in their response.

faceplant wrote:Join your local club - they get parcloads of info from BikeNZ and associated agencies including the AGMS
"
Actually I'm a member of 2 clubs :) . I get truckloads of info from one but nothing of this type (all good stuff though). That's probably the avenue I'll be working down. From the other I get nada but it's focus is not my main interest so I'm happy with it that way rather than more emails in my inbox.
wgtngrl

Postby SlackBoy on Fri 1/Sep/06 11:15am

faceplant wrote: um.

1 easy step to getting involved:

Join your local club - they get craploads of info from BikeNZ and associated agencies including the AGMS. ;)

Not exactly. I used to get the emails and there was never craploads of info at all. And what little shit you did get, was geared towards road or track. Obviously they have taken me of the email list sometime in the last couple of months cos i got the emails about the first AGM, but not this one. I'm trying to think if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
SlackBoy
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Slim on Fri 1/Sep/06 11:36am

wgtngrl wrote:
Slim wrote: Lisa.......Talk to Lubie and get Helena's email address, I've had great success deal with her on MTBNZ matters in the past.

Done :) And thanks for the good feedback on her - I'm a bit reluctant to just go contacting people if they're going to be apathetic in their response.

Helena does truck loads down here for MTB, She is always keen to help progress the sport in any way she can.
Slim
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby lubie on Fri 1/Sep/06 1:30pm

Oli wrote:
lubie wrote:
Oli wrote: bickering

healthy debate! ;)

People who've left the organisation hctibing about how it's being done by the current crop? Bickering.

Valid.
But getting information out into open discussion, so people are aware of what is going on? Healthy debate.

Too much of this stuff just isn't talked about enough, the MTBNZ AGM being a great example.
bugle wrote:A professionaly run nationwide sporting body would make the most of all the free exposure available to distribute information and harness the passion and value of the cycling community including 'net riders'

Precisely.
lubie
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Cycling | Events | News - Latest Posts