Re: Results: 2010 Nz Cup - Round 5 - Hamilton - Crosscountry

Postby sifter on Sun 14/Feb/10 4:52pm

big day for the U23s! :thumbsup:
sifter
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby mundi on Sun 14/Feb/10 8:30pm

I rekon!
A few of the top pro elites chose to do the NDuro at Rotorua instead.
mundi
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby dented on Sun 14/Feb/10 8:39pm

Hooray for Slacky!
dented
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby DaveAldred on Sun 14/Feb/10 8:39pm

Big Ups to Bushlove Big Dawg, Slackboy for a fine victory in M1!!

Go Slackshanks!

I also note that Wellington Father-of-the-year, Ant Bradshaw, is using taking Tom around the country as a sneaky way to characteristically smash the M3 class! Sneaky. GO the Bradshaw Boys!
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Sun 14/Feb/10 8:43pm

Great stuff, Ricky! :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby BiteMe on Sun 14/Feb/10 9:58pm

Good man Slacky! nice to see Bushlove on the podium and in Hamiltron non the less :thumbsup:
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 14/Feb/10 10:01pm

Nice one ginger shanks
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby RussS on Sun 14/Feb/10 10:41pm

While I will admit that it was a fine performance by slackboy I do think butchlove shouldn't get too carried away - after all Focker held off and laid down a final lap 48 seconds quicker to not only win M2, but to break slacky and finish ahead of the M1 winner :thumbsup:

Saying that, it was great to see slacky up here and hopefully he will bring a bunch of you lot up for our annual 6hr smashfest.

Big wraps to Patrick Avery who stalked Scott Thorne for 5 1/2 laps before making a break.

Talking about mighty rides, the young guns Josh Parkin and Sam Gaze looked great hammering around the track, picking their was through the older guy in front of them.

Besides the M2 powerhouse Hamilton trio of Gurney, McGovern and Raines the only other area to sweep the podium was the Rotorua Elite Women trio of Fry, O'Neill and Avery - great riding ladies, and the U23 trio Rotorua of Avery, Peters & Green - awesome effort.
RussS
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 15/Feb/10 1:43am

Slacky Broke himself, man flu blah blah, filled shopping bag of snot filled tissues the night before, blah blah,
Twas a pity the pain train could only field 2 riders in their hometown after all their talk.
Focker had an awesome race staring at my pendulous buttocks from quite a distance for 3.5 laps, until I cosied up to a haybale and cracked in a big way. Then he smashed it away from me.

Shit place to ride, AWESOME place to race. One of the best races I've done, so much fun, no respite, high intensity, you have to concentrate ALL the time, fantastic.
Bushlove report coming soon
SlackBoy
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby ThingOne on Mon 15/Feb/10 7:20am

Nice ride your Slackness. :cool:
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby BiteMe on Mon 15/Feb/10 7:48am

While I will admit that it was a fine performance by slackboy I do think butchlove shouldn't get too carried away - after all Focker held off and laid down a final lap 48 seconds quicker to not only win M2, but to break slacky and finish ahead of the M1 winner :thumbsup:

Fockers home trail ;) remember Slacky basically build the Nationals course. Sooo can't wait for this race, looking forward to see how Angry and Focker match up to Woot!!!!
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby Focker on Mon 15/Feb/10 9:44am

SlackBoy wrote:Slacky Broke himself, man flu blah blah, filled shopping bag of snot filled tissues the night before, blah blah,
Twas a pity the pain train could only field 2 riders in their hometown after all their talk.
Focker had an awesome race staring at my pendulous buttocks from quite a distance for 3.5 laps, until I cosied up to a haybale and cracked in a big way. Then he smashed it away from me.

Shit place to ride, AWESOME place to race. One of the best races I've done, so much fun, no respite, high intensity, you have to concentrate ALL the time, fantastic.
Bushlove report coming soon

Looking forward to the report slacky. You had a great ride with or without the bot etc (told you it was a slacky course) and I was just in awe of the MIGHTY shanks you possess, hence it took soooo long to figure out how to get round them (plus I'm getting old and I take awhile to warm up...). I have probably walked (not ridden) the track more than anyone this past week (6 hours setting up the day before not counting the days before that) and with a 24 hour stomach bug the day before, no sleep blah blah I was too not 100% either, but got inspired when I saw the slack god turn on the power off the start (as I knew he would), box of tissues taped to the top tube etc :p and decided its time to harden up (as the Shanks of doom had decided to do). Yes I'm bit disappointed at the PT lack of participation, although a family death + a birth etc are 2 very good excuses (Cobra getting home at 1am from a 30th doesn't count :rolleyes: - which was a shame as he would definitely tried his famous Cobra attack on us). Mokey did the Black Stump the day before and probably wished he hadn't, so maybe next year. Mancake did well for 2nd, but was too powerful in the corners and keep applying too much grunt = crashing = 2nd M1. Vincenzo flatted and had a shocker for him and not his usual high standard of race at Pukete. Support wise the PT came to the party as did the other many spectators who turned up - great atmosphere, which I haven't seen at a Nationals or any other race in a long time worlds. I'm sure Mt Vic will provide similar crowds and BLRT fans galore FTW!

Most of us in the tron would agree with Slack re the course - it was designed for racing + also so familys and kids can get into the sport, its easy to ride, hard to race. We have Vegas, Te Miro, Te Aroha etc for great places to ride luckily :D

p.s I hadn't planned to go to Wellington Tiger, but maybe I will now.....sounds like my sort of course, lots of climbing and technical :thumbsup:

p.s did Ricky tell you he got layed? :lol: It was valentines day too...
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby BiteMe on Mon 15/Feb/10 10:03am

"p.s I hadn't planned to go to Wellington Tiger, but maybe I will now.....sounds like my sort of course, lots of climbing and technical :thumbsup:

p.s did Ricky tell you he got layed? :lol: It was valentines day too...
"

The thought of the Slack Shanks is a pleasure, but the thought of Slacky making the Beast with two Backs Ewwww. But I guess someone hast to love the ginge and they are Tron Chicks after all :lol: .

Come down for Nats it will be a blast and the course is awesome. Sorry I could not make it up for The Tron NI but timing wise with a baby due in 2 weeks was not the best. Yip that's right Baby due on Poti day. Would be great to see ya anyway Focker.
BiteMe
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 15/Feb/10 11:06am

Focker wrote:p.s did Ricky tell you he got layed? :lol: It was valentines day too...
I was ALL over that hay bale. And it was reciprocated as well
SlackBoy
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Event Results | Events | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts