Re: Reign 2 V Trance X1

Postby wuffy on Wed 28/Mar/12 1:01pm

Conners wrote:
wuffy wrote:But you'd be getting an inferior performing platform both and down so its a bit of a tradeoff.

Pffft.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

But seriously, Maestro/DW/VPP is miles ahead in terms of pedal bob and bump absorption, I was astounded coming off my 2-Stage going onto my mates glory, it just picks up speed so much faster and has a much stiffer pedal stroke to it.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby alishock on Thu 29/Mar/12 7:25am

That basic linkage would be the problem with something like the Kona?
alishock
Member for: 5 years 9 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 29/Mar/12 7:47am

wuffy wrote:
Conners wrote:
wuffy wrote:But you'd be getting an inferior performing platform both and down so its a bit of a tradeoff.

Pffft.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

But seriously, Maestro/DW/VPP is miles ahead in terms of pedal bob and bump absorption, I was astounded coming off my 2-Stage going onto my mates glory, it just picks up speed so much faster and has a much stiffer pedal stroke to it.

That is more of a reflection on the poostage than anything (which is totally different to a kona fyihthbtwymmvembkthx)
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby wachtourak on Thu 29/Mar/12 10:29am

alishock wrote:That basic linkage would be the problem with something like the Kona?

No, the rider (wuffy) would just have a problem.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Percy Pig on Thu 29/Mar/12 11:07am

sarah104 wrote:Thanks for all your comments...it is a tricky one...definitely want to be able to rip some downhill and I had 6" of travel on my bike in Canada ... but also want to be able to do day long trail missions too...not sure which way I am leaning at this point...

Going to have a play on both this weekend so will let you know how that goes :)

Thanks again!

You could get two wheelsets for the Reign, a heavier/ stronger set for general trail hooning, and a lighter/ skinnier set for all day missions and back-country stuff. :)
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby w00t on Tue 5/Mar/13 4:17pm

Can't comment on the Trance X1 but I've had a Giant Reign 2 for a few weeks and I love it. There's a few things I'll be upgrading in due course but for now, it's the shiz. I'm more of an XC rider currently but I love how it soaks up the rough stuff when I come across it :)
w00t
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 5/Mar/13 4:29pm

'scuse me wOOt, but the OP had better have bought something by now, last post was a year ago.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby w00t on Tue 5/Mar/13 5:47pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:'scuse me wOOt, but the OP had better have bought something by now, last post was a year ago.

Ya never know......
w00t
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Trail Riding - Latest Posts