Re: Red Light Exception For Cyclists

Postby R+P+K on Mon 27/Oct/14 8:11pm

I'll wear whatever the fuck I want on my bike. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement.
R+P+K
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby piwakawaka on Mon 27/Oct/14 8:38pm

philstar wrote:
peterjdaly wrote:Trouble is, riding through a red light, even across the top of the T, degrades the already tenuous relationship between us and other road users.

When we ask for our rights to be protected, we get laughed at by those who keep seeing cyclists go through red lights.

With rights come responsibilities, like playing by the rules.

Just sayin.

that is why the law needs to change to take the wind out of their argument. if it is within the rules for cyclists to go through red lights we will be playing by the rules :)

Absolutely, laws are only useful if people are going to obey them, traffic lights are designed to control motorists, that's why they do not control cyclists well because they were never designed for cyclists.
piwakawaka
Member for: 5 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Mon 27/Oct/14 11:18pm

R+P+K wrote:I'll wear whatever the fuck I want on my bike. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement.
Hear, hear! :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby jimmi on Tue 28/Oct/14 6:25am

R+P+K wrote:I'll wear whatever the fuck I want on my bike. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement.

Amen to that.

Only exception is old roadie shorts. Put a pair of mine on the other day and happened to glimpse my arse in the mirror (no, I dont look in the mirror wondering if my arse looks big in these.....). Anywho, noticed something in the glimpse and on closer inspection it was crack. Turns out the lycra had perished and gone kinda seethrough exposing crack to the world!

Like always blow on the pie, you always need to check those shorts.
jimmi
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Kev on Tue 28/Oct/14 7:44am

Safer communities together
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Cycle Commuting | Cycling - Latest Posts