Re: Recommend Me A Roof Carrier

Postby matnz on Fri 1/May/15 3:03pm

Checkout http://www.treasurebox.co.nz/bike-carrier-car-roof-rack-with-lock.html - a Thule 591 clone- $NZ120.

I just got a couple, more than happy. My mate, who has a 591 could no tell the difference. I don't think its quite the same build quality as a Thule, but it is pretty good and most importantly, the seem strong and robust . My choice was $250 and a night out with the boss/financial controller, or $600 and sleeping on the couch :sly: Only thing I am concerned is having them out in the sunshine - damage to plastics from the UV exposure.
matnz
Member for: 2 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 1/May/15 7:55pm

I'm glad that you're happy with your choice, my only issue with buying a knock off when its carrying my favourite toys. I want to know that its going to work, and not break sending my bike crashing onto the road at 100kmh
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby matnz on Fri 1/May/15 9:12pm

My as ride is probably worth less than a Thule carrier :( its worth the savings. That said, I see no difference in strength and function, just final finish of plastics. Still costs the same as a Thule costs off shore, so where are the savings being made - middle men or function and quality?
matnz
Member for: 2 years 7 months

Cycling | Cycling Accessories | Racks - Latest Posts