Re: Recomend Me An Enduro Bike

Postby Percy Pig on Tue 14/Apr/15 12:53pm

RHR_Rob wrote:Possible downside on the Capra is the BOS suspention.
only one 'official' service centre listed in OZ and at service every 60hr @500AUD for F+R + freight 2 and from oz + 2-3 weeks waiting would be a pain

Is there anyone in NZ that has serviced these?

Bah, with the money saved buy a spare set and rotate them! :thumbsup:

:p
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/15 1:02pm

Percy Pig wrote:But but, its a Giant!! :butbut:

I knows they're pretty good value, haven't looked at the current model ones for specs. I know a couple of years ago they had weird random spec fails in places.

I would be going Norco for a new bike. (no surprises there!!) :D

speaking of weird random spec fails you get deore hubs on the norcos sight/range allys wtf :crazy:
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Percy Pig on Tue 14/Apr/15 1:38pm

Wobbler wrote:

I knows they're pretty good value, haven't looked at the current model ones for specs. I know a couple of years ago they had weird random spec fails in places.

speaking of weird random spec fails you get deore hubs on the norcos sight/range allys wtf :crazy:

The Deore brakes were more of a spec fail... :exclaim:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/15 1:42pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:

So giants are bad because some time ago they had spec fail! Buy norco instead which has heaps of spec fail right now?
Wobbler

Postby Percy Pig on Tue 14/Apr/15 1:52pm

Wobbler wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:

So giants are bad because spec fail but norco instead (which has more spec fail)

Hook line and sinker! :satan:

Was just trotting out a Giants are bad because blah blah blah derp!

Unless you go and spec a bike with exactly what you want, and are prepared to spend the accompanying small fortune, then every shop floor bike will have some sort of spec "fail".

My Norco has new wheels, tyres, brakes, grips, pedals, seat and seat post. And will more than likely get more bling bling stuff in time! :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 14/Apr/15 2:10pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:

Hell no, brakes are much easier to live with / change than hubs. Greedy troll is greedy :D
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/15 2:11pm

Ah the old "I was trolling"

good one
Wobbler

Postby AgrAde on Tue 14/Apr/15 2:47pm

I don't believe in Giant, but not because of their component spec (which is usually pretty good for the price).

Are they still flexy noodles that crack halfway down their long, kinked lower link and do they still vehemently deny that there's an issue with the frame and blame it on you even though the same frame has had four different redesigns for the same link in two years?

I wouldn't buy a Norco either to be honest, after my experience with trying to buy a 2014 Range carbon. The bike was so fucked up that it was 8 months late before they decided to scrap it and make their preorder customers wait for the 2015 version (they didn't tell them this though, in fact they didn't give any reason or excuse for the whole year and the shops were left guessing). Some people actually did receive their 2014 bikes, but every single one broke within a month. Despite this there was no recall on the frames, so you weren't told by Norco that your frame was going to explode dangerously even though they knew that it would.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Percy Pig on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:01pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:

Hell no, brakes are much easier to live with / change than hubs. Greedy troll is greedy :D

Nein, brakes that don't brake are worse than hubs that may crap out sometime, much moar immediate death on a stick!
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:07pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:

Nein, brakes that don't brake are worse than hubs that may crap out sometime, much moar immediate death on a stick!

new brakes 180 clams

new wheelset 650+
Wobbler

Postby RHR_Rob on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:09pm

Maybe you could move your ranting to a thread of 'your bikes crap because' so we can get back to the enduro bike heading.
but then this is vorb and we know it only takes a short while for it to go off in a totally diff tangent....
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:13pm

sorry if the spec of various #enduro bikes is too off topic for your #enduro bikes thread
Wobbler

Postby dwgknz on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:19pm

Wobbler wrote:new brakes 180 clams

new wheelset 650+

Only going to be the difference between trademe and new though, maybe up to $100 for a set of never used brakes and $400 for an unused wheelset.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:22pm

dwgknz wrote:
Wobbler wrote:new brakes 180 clams

new wheelset 650+

Only going to be the difference between trademe and new though, maybe up to $100 for a set of never used brakes and $400 for an unused wheelset.

Someone is going to pay 400 for a deore hub'd wheelset?
Wobbler

Postby ryda on Tue 14/Apr/15 3:30pm

Wobbler wrote:sorry if the spec of various #enduro bikes is too off topic for your #enduro bikes thread
now its enduro
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

#Enduro | Bikes + Frames + Forks | Complete Bikes | Cycling | MTB Full Suspension Bikes | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts