FOX DHX RC4
38%
Vivid
25%

Total voters : 8

Re: Rear Shock Choice - Which One!

Postby slidecontrol on Sat 2/Jul/11 10:00pm

Spokes wrote:
wuffy wrote:Wait for the X-Fusion HLR Air shock, coming in August. I know a guy on Pinkbike who does testing for them, apparently it blows even the Rc4 out if the water.

Why would it be in water?

so the x fusion won't blow it?
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby northernmonkey on Sat 2/Jul/11 10:10pm

Just out of interest what don't you like about the DHX that's on it now... the shortcomings of the air shock might help with identifying a replacement. Froggy would work ok with a DHX... Another option would be to get your current shock custom tuned by Push or TFT or similar...

If it was my money I'd probably bin the floats and get some Vans before changing the rear (unless its munted).
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby dirtydawg on Sat 2/Jul/11 10:32pm

northernmonkey wrote:Just out of interest what don't you like about the DHX that's on it now... the shortcomings of the air shock might help with identifying a replacement. Froggy would work ok with a DHX... Another option would be to get your current shock custom tuned by Push or TFT or similar...

If it was my money I'd probably bin the floats and get some Vans before changing the rear (unless its munted).

Prefer the floats over the Vans. Took Vans off.

The DHX Air is arse. I was riding a VP Free with DHX 5.0 coil - it was plush. The DHX Air has a dead feel in the midstroke and no real small bump compliance on the correct pressure (this seems to be a common problem throughout most DH Air). Push/TFT don't custom tune DHX Air.
dirtydawg
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Auckland Region | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Technology | Trail Riding | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts