Postby benw on Sat 22/Sep/07 9:12am

Friendly Llama wrote: Hamilton appears to be much the same, how unexciting :lol:

"how unexciting" isn't that the city moto?
benw
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Macatak on Sat 22/Sep/07 9:20am

Friendly Llama wrote: Hamilton appears to be much the same, how unexciting :lol:

:lol: Well both my houses are safe :)

And tbh i dont think im really sold on the idea that we are causing global warming. If you look at the structure of the world then you will find that sea levels and temperatures have changed a hell of alot over millions of years.

So do we know if its us causing global warming or just another stage the earth is going through. How much are we actually contributing to the downfall of the earth?
Macatak
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby benw on Sat 22/Sep/07 9:27am

Macatak wrote:

:lol: Well both my houses are safe :)

And tbh i dont think im really sold on the idea that we are causing global warming. If you look at the structure of the world then you will find that sea levels and temperatures have changed a hell of alot over millions of years.

So do we know if its us causing global warming or just another stage the earth is going through. How much are we actually contributing to the downfall of the earth?

Exactly, besides, the extra water will just cascade off the side of the edge of our very flat earth.
benw

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:04pm

The beach will get 2 kms closer, without messing with the Golf Course, you gotta love that...

Whether global warming is man made or not if we could have done something and we didn't we're going to look pretty fucking stupid...
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby phunk on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:06pm

CrustyMTB wrote: Whether global warming is man made or not if we could have done something and we didn't we're going to look pretty fucking stupid...

Thats a stupid argument. We would look equally as stupid doing everything we can to prevent global warming and it turns out we cant, except we would all be worse off.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby avantibill on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:11pm

If that thing is accurate, I am safe at 3 metres, 4 metres - I'm in trouble!
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:14pm

phunk wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote: Whether global warming is man made or not if we could have done something and we didn't we're going to look pretty fucking stupid...

Thats a stupid argument. We would look equally as stupid doing everything we can to prevent global warming and it turns out we cant, except we would all be worse off.
What a great response... define "we" & define "worse off"..

You're right, it's better to argue about sunspots and keep buying dwarf cucumbers airfreighted from iceland than question assumptions about an economic model, or perhaps try and re-structure things so the pricing of different parts of the production process is different...
Sorry I forgot we need wanton inefficient consumption to prosper...
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""

Postby XCrider on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:17pm

well im stuffed only just, the next block just misses out :D must be slightly uphill :eh:
XCrider
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:22pm

Kilbirnie Gangstaz gon' drown
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:25pm

Lol Mount Maunganui gets it's shit thoroughly ruined, as does a lot of Tauranga
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:26pm

The refugees from the Hutt will cause problems, best lay in a stock of the napalms...
CrustyMTB

Postby Flyboy on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:53pm

CrustyMTB wrote: The refugees from the Hutt will cause problems, best lay in a stock of the napalms...

brings to mind one geography project in high school where I suggested napalm as a solution for curing large areas of slums of disease....

I say use conventional bombs, they'd leave nice piles of dirt for shaping into jumps :D
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 28/Sep/07 7:42am

Sweet the hagley park toilets are safe
Wobbler

Postby 07giantstp2 on Wed 3/Oct/07 11:56am

65m before it gets me :thumbsup: :)
07giantstp2
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Halo24 on Wed 7/Nov/07 5:20pm

Al Gore is like the Robbieracer of global warming.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/environ ... world.html
Halo24
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Environment | Sifting - Latest Posts