Re: Rad To The Power Of Sick

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 28/Sep/09 9:58pm

thats a sick looking track, I would be keen to have a look next time im in CHCH
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby mitch7 on Mon 28/Sep/09 10:54pm

man... that's beautiful...sweet riding,great filming and the music suited the mood...
and the track looks awesome :thumbsup:

nice work
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby joshac on Mon 28/Sep/09 11:45pm

sick vid. full credit to you boys for making such a mint trak.

Ive seen theres a new bit starting further up the trak is that going to be the start or there still building going up?
also saw a bloody tree fell down over the track just b4 the wooden drop.

i do this track almost every run i do now.
Good work!
joshac
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby pipe on Tue 29/Sep/09 9:15am

Ziggy, its been about a year now at about 25 man hours per week on average. So a lot of hours.

Joshac, you can start from the 4wd track that branches off towards the middle of Race Line just before the 40. There is one new jump in that section which is pretty nice, more to come. A bit tight at the moment where it rejoins the rest of the track but will improve that soon. It will at least go up to where Race Line starts, and from there maybe up to the skidder site.

We are aware that there is a tree down and will get onto clearing it as soon as possible. But from what I hear it is a big tree so may need the park staff to get in there with a chainsaw.

Glad you guys are enjoying it and thanks for all the positive feedback.

D.
pipe
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby danose on Tue 29/Sep/09 12:29pm

pushbikerider wrote:thats a sick looking track, I would be keen to have a look next time im in CHCH

next time BRING SOME BIKE GEAR DOWN :p
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby richardg on Tue 29/Sep/09 12:46pm

:)
RADSICK1.JPG
RADSICK2.JPG
RADSICK3.JPG
richardg
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Chickenman on Tue 29/Sep/09 1:08pm

awesome!
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Trail on Tue 29/Sep/09 1:21pm

"This is a max wicked sick BMX. It's a Reliance Boomerang and it's done heaps of maximum extreme stunts. I have mostly done stunts on this bike since forever. Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on it and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx. Some details about sickmax BMX: Comes with everything you see including: TOPS AS SUSPENSION REAR FORKS!! 2 x wheels 1 x seat I will even thrown my sick BMXing name for FREE - Wicked Styx. Has minor surface rust on handlebars and front forks (easily removed). More rust on rear forks (as shown in pics). Tyres hold air but are pretty old. Basically, it's an old BMX, but it's radness is still 100% in tact. Tricks I have done on this BMX: Endos - 234. Sick Wheelies - 687. Skids - 143,000. Bunny Hops - 2 (Bunny Hops are gay and my brother dared me to do them, which I did because I'm Rad to the power of Sick). Flipouts - 28. Basically if you buy this bike you will instantly become a member to every club that was ever invented, worldwide, because you will be awesome. Pick up from Richmond in Melbourne. Throw your hands in the air like you just don't mind."]
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby yetidude113 on Wed 30/Sep/09 8:46am

haha nice bike richard haha :)
yetidude113
"PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby heathen on Tue 27/Oct/09 1:48pm

nice work boyz.
nick kerr couldn't stop raving about this track..rightly so by looks! :thumbsup:
heathen
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby jmm337 on Wed 11/Nov/09 3:20pm

iv been ridding this track alot over the last few months. It is my fave track of all time, hands down! so supper flowey.
jmm337
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby richardg on Tue 24/Nov/09 10:40am

Hey tomorrow night Huxster are having a dirt jumps / slopestyle? competion on the track, to make it non intimidating we will just be riding the bit from half way down the second straight - starting on the tabled section of the second gap, down to the corner beore the next gap, and we'll have judges at three spots, watching, the main jumps they will be watching are the g out jump (the 2nd jump after what will be the start, just before the corner by raceline), the glory bowl jump (spine / rising tabletop with the big tree on the right, that Duane tire taps on the video) and the step up to flat that I fail to 360 / 270 on in the video. They will be the main focus and we'll come up with some sought of points scheme, so that if you do one jump really well, but the jump before or after it is missed (I'm thinking about the glory bowl jump mostly) or ridden poorly then you will only be able to get maybe 7 out of 10 or something. It should be heaps of fun so rock on up...
richardg

Postby latuff on Sat 26/Dec/09 9:09pm

nice vid loving the track nice work
latuff
"get loose get with it just pinn it"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby woofdog on Mon 15/Feb/10 9:30pm

Rad^Sic, the sickness grows. The new bits at the top continue the brilliant track design and building work. Big thanks to the builders. My bike riding has improved more in one summer of riding that track than in the previous five; or something like that.
woofdog
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby richardg on Tue 16/Feb/10 3:51pm

Cheers woofdog, thanks very much, congratulations are always good, more so when they come from a trail god!

The new section is coming along really nice, but we're trying to wet down the quarter pipe at the moment, so it might be a bit shaky for a while, hopefully it will come right soon.
richardg

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Freeriding (MTB) | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Port Hills | Regions | Trail Building - Latest Posts