Pukete: Mind Your Head

Postby Datsane on Fri 5/Feb/10 3:25pm

Just a friendly warning a tree/branch has fall across the track in the lower swamp part about mid way after the chute dropping into it and the tunnel. I tied a peice of blue cloth to it so it doesn't blind side anyone like it did me :crazy:

I'm going to try getting down this afternoon to deal with it, Heads alittle cloudy still and have a sore neck.
If your under 5'10" you'll prolly not even notice it.

New helmet time :blink: Good reason to wear a helmet even at a boring XC track I'd say.
top.jpg
Epp.jpg
inside.jpg
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Pukete: Mind Your Head

Postby RussS on Fri 5/Feb/10 3:42pm

Not the first time my friend. I split a helmet down there one morning riding with my nephew after a storm. Heard him crash and looked around on the steps area before nailing it big time.
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Fri 5/Feb/10 4:53pm

Jeepers, Datsane! Nasty stuff - hope you're okay.
Oli
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Mel on Fri 5/Feb/10 8:23pm

I wonder if it was there on Wednesday night? I rode through there after the Wednesday night race and (being under 5'10") didn't notice anything amiss.

I hope you are carefully considering the colour coordination of your entire cycling ensemble when browsing for a new helmet. :thumbsup:
Mel
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 5/Feb/10 10:40pm

Red to match my blood
Yellow to match my belly
Black for the slimming effect on my fat Mellon :lol:
Pink cause I'm a big girl
Its a hard choice really.

Its been there awhile, but was up much higher before I found it this morning.
Wonder if I was the only pillock that hit it as 4 other cars where there this morning.

Much like you Oli I'm big on wearing a helmet you just never know, today just helped assure myself that its worth every penny. Even off road you just don't know. Helmets got a few other marks on it from hitting low branches etc... the joys of being taller then other riders.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Mel on Sat 6/Feb/10 10:10pm

Haha. I saw your branch tonight Datsane. Yikes! If I hadn't been looking out for it, I could have hit it too (all 5' almost 7" of me). The blue rag helps heaps. :thumbsup:

It's part of a tree that has fallen across the track... so it's going to take a bit of effort to clear. I guess it will either be cleared by next weekend, or marked with hazard tape. :D
Mel

Postby nagem on Sun 7/Feb/10 7:26am

I'd most likely clear it. No worries. :lol:

Do you reckon i'd even need to duck Mel?
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Mel on Sun 7/Feb/10 2:26pm

Nah, you'd probably whizz under it without a problem. :p
Mel

Postby Datsane on Mon 8/Feb/10 1:44pm

Tis gone now :satan: I extracted my revenge on sunday morning when I went for a run. Still had bits of my helmet stuck to it :crazy:
With the rag on it, you could see it no troubles. Without it and at 7am was the problem.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Mon 8/Feb/10 4:28pm

Ahhh - no wonder I couldn't find it when I ventured forth with my trusty chainsaw under my arm
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 8/Feb/10 10:52pm

Chainsaw come on Russ, I did the hard yards and did it with a hand saw :crazy:
There is another one in the same spot that will need to come down at some point. I'll mark it or meet up for a ride at some point. By that hole you hate so much :lol: should be easy to spot as there is half a tree on the left side of the track.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Ohskidths on Sat 11/Sep/10 1:26pm

Couldn't Find anywhere else to put it but minding your head seemed kinda related so here goes. I left the Pukete this morning after a bit of a ride and was heading back across town, I left through the Pukete Rd gate and as I started heading back home was attacked by a bloody magpie it had a fair go at me as I rode up the hill. Keep your eyes out I would guess it has a nest somewhere near the gate. Don't think a chainsaw will fix this problem however a shot gun would work a treat :satan:
Ohskidths
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 11/Sep/10 4:38pm

Chainsaw to the face? That'd do the trick :thumbsup:
wuffy
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Ohskidths on Sat 11/Sep/10 6:05pm

yeah till you cut your arm or similar off waving the saw round in the air trying to hit the bloody bird
Ohskidths
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 12/Sep/10 2:09am

Ohskidths wrote:Couldn't Find anywhere else to put it but minding your head seemed kinda related so here goes. I left the Pukete this morning after a bit of a ride and was heading back across town, I left through the Pukete Rd gate and as I started heading back home was attacked by a bloody magpie it had a fair go at me as I rode up the hill. Keep your eyes out I would guess it has a nest somewhere near the gate. Don't think a chainsaw will fix this problem however a shot gun would work a treat :satan:

I have the perfect device for your magpie, might have to have a yarn with someone in the mtb club about it
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Hamilton | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts