Powerbands... Do they actually work?

Yes
3
4%
No
36
52%
for some people
5
7%
I like cake
25
36%
 
Total voters : 69

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby jeyboi on Tue 1/Feb/11 9:14pm

SaturnReturn wrote:I got one when they first came out at $100 a pop. I did notice better pedalling balance on the bike (I tend to push more with my right than left leg).


If it's any help, that's the case for almost everybody - one leg is more apt for determining cadence and rhythm, the other is often more powerful/stronger. Strangely, it has almost no correlation with your dominant side (right or left handed). It's common sense really, as us humans aren't symmetrical at all - one leg longer than the other, one foot bigger than the other, one ball hangs lower, one boob is bigger, etc, etc, etc....
jeyboi
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby Conners on Tue 1/Feb/11 9:17pm

keltravers wrote:When I was a lot younger and working as a deckie on charter boats we used to tape 5c pieces to (mostly) womens wrists telling them it was a surefire way to stop feeling seasick.

They would get off the boat, tell us what a fantastic remedy/cure it was and return the coin.

About 50% of the time when we young deckies stopped laughing and telling them the idea was a total fake, punters would suddenly throw up on the dock.

Complete mind over matter


Similar in some way to claims of lights putting out some 12,000 gigalumens?
You just need to believe, people.
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby znomit on Tue 1/Feb/11 9:23pm

I've seen a few very very smart engineers wearing them.
And lots of morons not wearing them.

Must be something in it. :rolleyes:
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby Wobbler on Tue 1/Feb/11 9:25pm

needs more polarizer
left.jpg
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby happybaboon on Tue 1/Feb/11 9:38pm

Put it this way.... You get EXACTLY the same effect as you get from a powerband if you drink a nice big cup of water out of your toilet bowl every morning. And if you don't clean your toilet regularly then you get the same effect AND you get cholera.

Put it another way, if you even need to ask if powerbands work then you are a mong.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby slidecontrol on Tue 1/Feb/11 9:53pm

jeyboi wrote:, one ball hangs lower, one boob is bigger, etc, etc, etc....


the ball thing i was aware of, but the boobs? no wonder none of my bras fit right :hmmm:
slidecontrol
User avatar
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby jeyboi on Tue 1/Feb/11 10:00pm

I was just trying to be all "equal opprtunities" etc by including the laydeez.
jeyboi
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby wolffman1 on Tue 1/Feb/11 10:01pm

znomit wrote:I've seen a few very very smart engineers wearing them.
And lots of morons not wearing them.

Must be something in it. :rolleyes:

I've seen one really fn moronic project engineer wearing one, which is more than enough for me.
They've certainly worked for the early sellers
wolffman1
User avatar
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Tue 1/Feb/11 10:44pm

I know someone who wears one, given to her by her husband who wears one.
they say it works.

but i have some questions.

how would you get one tangled in your pubes?
can you use one to actually correct the aforementioned anatomical asymmetries of male gonads and female mammaries?
what is the capital of madagascar?. (google free answers only)
great uncle bulgaria
User avatar
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby its that guy on Tue 1/Feb/11 11:02pm

cake is pretty cool.
its that guy
User avatar
"Lurkin"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby XCrazy on Tue 1/Feb/11 11:08pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:what is the capital of madagascar?. (google free answers only)


Antanarivo? *runs off to check google.....*
XCrazy
User avatar
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Tue 1/Feb/11 11:13pm

very close, but no powerbandcigar

once you have consulted google any answer will be removed by the mods

what about the other questions?
great uncle bulgaria
User avatar
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby keltravers on Tue 1/Feb/11 11:27pm

Conners wrote:
keltravers wrote:When I was a lot younger and working as a deckie on charter boats we used to tape 5c pieces to (mostly) womens wrists telling them it was a surefire way to stop feeling seasick.

They would get off the boat, tell us what a fantastic remedy/cure it was and return the coin.

About 50% of the time when we young deckies stopped laughing and telling them the idea was a total fake, punters would suddenly throw up on the dock.

Complete mind over matter


Similar in some way to claims of lights putting out some 12,000 gigalumens?
You just need to believe, people.


I remember you. You were one of the overweight cougars that thought a ten cent piece glued to your forehead made you attractive to young lycra clad boys...
keltravers
"Dodgy boats and dodgy lights"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby istepinyards on Wed 2/Feb/11 12:23am

great uncle bulgaria wrote:what is the capital of madagascar?. (google free answers only)
Antananarivo, I think thats how it is spelleded.
Looked up going there for a end of year holiday once, never went but remember the name
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Powerbands? Stoopid Or Not Stoopid?

Postby istepinyards on Wed 2/Feb/11 12:24am

keltravers wrote:
Conners wrote:
keltravers wrote:When I was a lot younger and working as a deckie on charter boats we used to tape 5c pieces to (mostly) womens wrists telling them it was a surefire way to stop feeling seasick.

They would get off the boat, tell us what a fantastic remedy/cure it was and return the coin.

About 50% of the time when we young deckies stopped laughing and telling them the idea was a total fake, punters would suddenly throw up on the dock.

Complete mind over matter


Similar in some way to claims of lights putting out some 12,000 gigalumens?
You just need to believe, people.


I remember you. You were one of the overweight cougars that thought a ten cent piece glued to your forehead made you attractive to young lycra clad boys...
Na unlike you Conners has credibility ;)
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Asia | Canada | Cycling | Gardening | Mountain Biking | North America | Regions | Road Cycling | Saskatchewan | Sifting | South Korea - Latest Posts

Who is online

55 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 52 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit