Postby Mr_Bob on Sat 14/Jan/06 10:01pm

Yus!
I pick up my car tomorrow!

Serious question people...
Best insurance company?
The trouble is, I'm under 25, and have a restricted licence.
And I've never had any insurance policy before
I've got a 3 month3rd party + fire & theft with AMI insurance package, so I can do some looking around...
Any advice appreciated :)
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 14/Jan/06 11:15pm

I'm with "State" which is run by IAG which owns/runs half of the insurance companys around. But anyway I like them haven't had any trouble with them at all, both times that I claimed with them :D

But any of them should or could be good. Try the same company your parents go through or other family members. Your bank my even have insurance for cars etc... I also have all my stuff insured which gives me a discount also :thumbsup: Another thing worth concidering.*

And do it soon because if you crash and its your fault at the moment your car wont be covered :crazy: which can sux if driving something worth more than $3000.

Man I sound like a insurance sales man :eh:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby badnuz on Sun 15/Jan/06 4:37pm

Datsane wrote:Whats it ride like that low?

Wondering as the older I get the more I wonder about some of these things :D

rides real good, just like a normal sprung wagon... firmer than standard, and with way less body roll :)
badnuz
Member for: 18 years 8 months

Postby Percy Pig on Sun 15/Jan/06 7:37pm

badnuz wrote:yo percy hows it hanging??? you riding still or just sifting the mtb sites and drinking piss??? ***hic*** thats bout all i doin..... Im goin to be in chch early march( take subbie 4 a run) i be keen to hook up with all the "vobii" and do some shuttles.... whatta ya think??

I was riding today, untill my back cracked up again. :hmmm:
But that should be fixed tomorrow, hopefully.

Drinking is always on the menu dude! :D

Let us know closer to the time and we can show you a good time, oh yes a good time will be had by all! :satan:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 17/Jan/06 11:28am

badnuz wrote: tinted and dumped the forester now almost has some cred to match the batty

Ah yes, "Street Cred".
When the dumbest people alive think your car is cool, it has "street cred". :D

In other news.
On sunday my range rover had an electrical fire and my toyota corolla crapped out less than 48 hours after it left the dealers yard. :(
Dougal

Postby Stun on Tue 17/Jan/06 11:34am

Dougal wrote:
badnuz wrote: tinted and dumped the forester now almost has some cred to match the batty

Ah yes, "Street Cred".

In other news.
On sunday my range rover had an electrical fire and my toyota corolla crapped out less than 48 hours after it left the dealers yard. :(

How much damage happened to the Range Rover?
Serious fire or just serious smoke?

Oh and who did you buy the Rolla off? :eh:
Stun
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 17/Jan/06 11:42am

Stun wrote:
How much damage happened to the Range Rover?
Serious fire or just serious smoke?

Oh and who did you buy the Rolla off? :eh:

The rangie has fried a section of the wiring loom. Not serious but flames were licking the oil filters when I got the extinguisher working. :(

The rolla was from "Russell Taylor Motors", 500 Moorhouse ave.
If anyone in Chch feels like slapping someone around, head there and ask for Jason or Duncan.

It is quite impressive to have a sale heading for the courts before the vehicle has left the yard.
The owner of the yard called me on sunday night. I think I made his ears bleed. :satan:
Dougal

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 17/Jan/06 9:29pm

what happened to both of them

Fire in the wiring loom :crazy: :(

the 'rolla??
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 17/Jan/06 11:30pm

pushbikerider wrote:what happened to both of them

the 'rolla??

I fixed the rangie today. It was a short in the charging wire for the second battery. The short probably wouldn't have caused a fire if the fuse in the 12/24v switch hadn't been replaced with heavy gauge wire. :hmmm:

It appears the plastic conduit and insulation was all that caught fire. But being right under the remote oil filters the potential was there.

The rolla stopped charging the battery. EFI cars suck their batteries dry pretty quick when that happens.
I'll call up the garage (dealer warranty repair) tomorrow to check on progress.
Dougal

Postby Datsane on Wed 18/Jan/06 5:53pm

Dougal wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:what happened to both of them

the 'rolla??

I fixed the rangie today. It was a short in the charging wire for the second battery. The short probably wouldn't have caused a fire if the fuse in the 12/24v switch hadn't been replaced with heavy gauge wire. :hmmm:

It appears the plastic conduit and insulation was all that caught fire. But being right under the remote oil filters the potential was there.

The rolla stopped charging the battery. EFI cars suck their batteries dry pretty quick when that happens.
I'll call up the garage (dealer warranty repair) tomorrow to check on progress.
I had that Happen with the Starter cable in my TX3. Worse bit was I was crossing a busy intersection, the car died I pulled over then the smoke started :0
I disconnected the battery before fire tho :thumbsup:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby sacants on Wed 18/Jan/06 8:41pm

As of October 2005 without bike carrying extras. Wish I'd bought the GTB.

Now comes with much wife-damage and kid's junk. Thankfully none of them can reach the bike carriers on the roof! :sneaky:
bike carrier.JPG
sacants
"spawning"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby badnuz on Wed 18/Jan/06 9:56pm

Dougal wrote:

Ah yes, "Street Cred".

:hmmm:
badnuz

Postby badnuz on Wed 18/Jan/06 9:59pm

i guess taste comes back to those who see cars as a transportation device (a-b) :p or those that see them as way of goin a-a VIA b.... or as an expression of individuality :cool:
badnuz

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 18/Jan/06 10:01pm

badnuz wrote:i guess taste comes back to those who see cars as a transportation device (a-b) :p or those that see them as way of goin a-a VIA b.... or as an expression of individuality :cool:

a car is a means of getting from A to B (via the long way which invlolves some great hairpins and some tight twisty bends :blush: )

IMHO the batty was much nicer than the Fozzie
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby jeremyb on Wed 18/Jan/06 10:03pm

People look at you strange with DH bikes on a beemer :lol:
v10_dirty.jpg
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts