Postby thorg on Thu 1/Sep/05 7:52pm

Percy Pig wrote:
thorg wrote:would be the perfect tow vehicle for the mini though :eh:
They are very very very expensive to run.

A mate has one, its the thirstiest vehicle in relation to its speed Ive ever met! :crazy:


but pulling up to a rally in an old landie to race an old mini would be :cool:

no :eh:

but yea, with the $$ of petrol :huh:
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby harlequin on Thu 1/Sep/05 7:54pm

Nordy wrote:
harlequin wrote:bugger
Is it repairable or are you looking for a new Subie ?


doubtful at this stage. Not sure what we will get.

It was just on brigham creek road, old guy pulled out of totora I think it is.


Thats a nasty intersection

No injuries I hope, I guess that would have set the air bag off

I know a guy in my trade that was T-boned there by a car when he was biking home.
Destroyed Knee. Took alot of reconstuction surgery to get him walking again.
harlequin
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Dougal on Thu 1/Sep/05 7:55pm

Percy Pig wrote:
thorg wrote:would be the perfect tow vehicle for the mini though :eh:
They are very very very expensive to run.

A mate has one, its the thirstiest vehicle in relation to its speed Ive ever met! :crazy:


Landrovers are made for ease of bolting things to. Not ease of parting the wind. :sly:
Dougal
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Percy Pig on Thu 1/Sep/05 8:09pm

Dougal wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
thorg wrote:would be the perfect tow vehicle for the mini though :eh:
They are very very very expensive to run.

A mate has one, its the thirstiest vehicle in relation to its speed Ive ever met! :crazy:


Landrovers are made for ease of bolting things to. Not ease of parting the wind. :sly:
True.

But still 65l of gas to get to the coast from CHCH is rediculous! :crazy:

And the carbies on 202's are crap off road, they dont handle steep things or traversing slopes very well.
Percy Pig
User avatar
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby Nordy on Thu 1/Sep/05 8:16pm

harlequin wrote:
Nordy wrote:
harlequin wrote:bugger
Is it repairable or are you looking for a new Subie ?


doubtful at this stage. Not sure what we will get.

It was just on brigham creek road, old guy pulled out of totora I think it is.


Thats a nasty intersection

No injuries I hope, I guess that would have set the air bag off

I know a guy in my trade that was T-boned there by a car when he was biking home.
Destroyed Knee. Took alot of reconstuction surgery to get him walking again.


air bag didnt go off, guessing the angle of impact or something like that. police woman didnt sound to upset.

grahams had so many near misses there he knew it was just a matter of time.

however the guy has admitted fault!!!!!
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Spacemonkey on Thu 1/Sep/05 8:49pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Dougal wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
thorg wrote:would be the perfect tow vehicle for the mini though :eh:
They are very very very expensive to run.

A mate has one, its the thirstiest vehicle in relation to its speed Ive ever met! :crazy:


Landrovers are made for ease of bolting things to. Not ease of parting the wind. :sly:
True.

But still 65l of gas to get to the coast from CHCH is rediculous! :crazy:

And the carbies on 202's are crap off road, they dont handle steep things or traversing slopes very well.


Really? :eh: .....never had any probs with dads one. It was a 90 with a 186 holden (basically the same as the 202 with is just a bored out version).
But for all that the Nissan LD28 (I think thats the engine type) is a rocking good one to put in..... and cheaper to run ;)
Spacemonkey
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby Dougal on Thu 1/Sep/05 8:51pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Dougal wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
thorg wrote:would be the perfect tow vehicle for the mini though :eh:
They are very very very expensive to run.

A mate has one, its the thirstiest vehicle in relation to its speed Ive ever met! :crazy:


Landrovers are made for ease of bolting things to. Not ease of parting the wind. :sly:
True.

But still 65l of gas to get to the coast from CHCH is rediculous! :crazy:

And the carbies on 202's are crap off road, they dont handle steep things or traversing slopes very well.


Did he do anything with the gearing?
Those old landies were geared to crawl.
Dougal
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Percy Pig on Thu 1/Sep/05 9:05pm

No gearing changes yet, he didnt put the motor in just bought it as a complete vehicle and put some real tyres on it.
Its a very tidy instalation, almost looks factory. :thumbsup:

I think most of the carby problems are on rough traverses, almost like the fuel gets bounced out of the carb!
Percy Pig
User avatar
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 1/Sep/05 9:51pm

One genuine ghetto racer, ex stolen recovered auction 1988 Nissan Silvia
silvia vorb.JPG
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby DropKick on Thu 1/Sep/05 10:13pm

pushbikerider wrote:One genuine ghetto racer, ex stolen recovered auction 1988 Nissan Silvia

oonst oonst oonst :eh:
DropKick
Member for: 18 years 8 months

Postby onyabike on Fri 2/Sep/05 12:57pm

actually I just sold this vehicle - still got the bike though
shuttle-wagon.jpg
onyabike
User avatar
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Stu_W on Fri 2/Sep/05 1:13pm

Mine.
IMG_2023a.JPG
Stu_W
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 3/Sep/05 5:51pm

DropKick wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:One genuine ghetto racer, ex stolen recovered auction 1988 Nissan Silvia

oonst oonst oonst :eh:



:blush:
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Oh My

Postby some_guy on Fri 16/Sep/05 8:17pm

are ya ready for this one?

its got tripples
heck yes

bit hard too attach a bike but i think ill manage :D
moped.jpg
some_guy
"nuhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby BedHoldingGuy on Sat 17/Sep/05 8:40pm

I have one of these, this aint a pic of my one, mine has faggy "alloy" wheels on it, and no fucking towbar...
Gto.jpg
BedHoldingGuy
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

151 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 150 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles