Re: Overseas Sellers Swamping Trademe

Postby michael on Mon 21/Sep/15 4:34pm

The other way to zap all the over seas sellers is to set the search to "Used", unless you are looking for new stuff...
michael
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby mudguard on Mon 21/Sep/15 5:05pm

michael wrote:The other way to zap all the over seas sellers is to set the search to "Used", unless you are looking for new stuff...

I suspect that's why I hadn't noticed the international sellers. The Android app opens to my mostly common searched items, "forks and shocks, used, latest listings"...
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Scotty on Mon 21/Sep/15 7:25pm

R+P+K wrote:All those damn overseas sellers hawking their shit on our NZ websites..... :sly:

The attachment wiggle.JPG is no longer available

You would have a point if vorb follwed the same paradigm as the following picture...
sarcasm.JPG
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 21/Sep/15 8:31pm

I think Scotty needs to code up a basic text buy/sell page for bike bits.

Call it "Scotty's List". Have it automatically purge listings more than 30 days old to keep overheads down.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Scotty on Mon 21/Sep/15 8:35pm

I think if we just start dumpign stuff on the classifieds it'll go good. :)

Also, I need some stuff from you, has big plans, will talk.
Scotty

Postby Scotty on Mon 21/Sep/15 8:37pm

dave_sharpe wrote:With regard to the trademe thing - it would be nice if they added the option to display results only from NZ. At present, you can set your region to "North Island" or "South Island" as a workaround, but doing so every time a search is performed is pretty huckery.

Yeah, I do the south/north thing too, but I'm retarded ith the memory of a fish and forget prices I've seen and whatnot and forget to make tabs.

I suppose in many ways I just fail at life and the internet.
Scotty

Postby dave_sharpe on Tue 22/Sep/15 11:53am

Scotty wrote:
dave_sharpe wrote:With regard to the trademe thing - it would be nice if they added the option to display results only from NZ. At present, you can set your region to "North Island" or "South Island" as a workaround, but doing so every time a search is performed is pretty huckery.

Yeah, I do the south/north thing too, but I'm retarded ith the memory of a fish and forget prices I've seen and whatnot and forget to make tabs.

I too have the memory of an olde man. I'm getting used to it, or a least, I thought I was. I dunno.

There's probably an extension out there that might block content with user-defined keywords (Such as "Australia", "United States of America", and other useful flags like "Kardashian", 'Bieber", "Hilton", and "Jamis") but i don't have the wherewithal to track down such a thing, so I just talk about it.
dave_sharpe
Member for: 3 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Tue 22/Sep/15 12:53pm

Scotty wrote:I think if we just start dumping stuff on the classifieds it'll go good. :)

:withstupid:

It's surprising how much stuff gets sold in the classified section, and all at zero commission, maybe we're missing a trick. So I don't understand why it doesn't get used more often.

I shall make it my mission to make the classified section better searchable :lol:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Tue 22/Sep/15 3:33pm

dave_sharpe wrote:
Scotty wrote:
dave_sharpe wrote:...At present, you can set your region to "North Island" or "South Island" as a workaround, but doing so every time a search is performed is pretty huckery.

---
There's probably an extension out there that might block content with user-defined keywords (Such as "Australia", "United States of America", and other useful flags like "Kardashian", 'Bieber", "Hilton", and "Jamis") but i don't have the wherewithal to track down such a thing, so I just talk about it.

Keyword spam is a reportable offence on Trademe, it always has been. I report traders who do it routinely. I guess their ad gets pulled and a counter is incremented in a black book somewhere.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Malcy on Wed 4/Nov/15 8:00am

TradeMe is dying I think. Slowly....

Increased fees, decreased content, etc etc.

Searches that used to wield pages of results, now limited back to a page.

So for them to open to overseas sellers, sure, it makes sense. But if I were to buy from overseas I wouldn't be some wee seller on tardme.
Malcy
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby AgrAde on Wed 4/Nov/15 4:17pm

Trademe is slowing and that is good. They need to realise their fees are way too high. The problem is that there's no good alternative. Facebook buy/sells are full of stupid wankers and I'm not going to join 35 different groups just to cover the whole country when looking for something to buy.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts