Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 24/Jul/11 8:21am

Good build yesterday, got the exit rebuilt, and cleared the drain at the bottom to get the water moving, added some more gravel.. then went and joined the XC race that was on, got 4 laps in on the big bike.. not to bad considering ... :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 28/Jul/11 8:51pm

Build this weekend, 3pm... Tim has been hammering the gorse between Motorway and tuna's .. will continue to drag shit out and cut more... starting to look more like open trails rather than Gorse Forest...another month or so and we can start on our North Shore...!!!! :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 28/Jul/11 8:54pm

Things pretty wet up there? I might be up at the end of the year with a bike.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 29/Jul/11 6:01am

Yeah they are but, Tuna's seems to be so dry compared..to the rest.. probably due to the fact it is so open now.., Sweet as, will catch up when your here for a ride..
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 30/Jul/11 9:34pm

Good build today, did a lap on the Xc bike.. then got in some runs on the top of vendetta with Michael and Brett and Tim.. then got into some of the gorse that is left after the Vendetta link exit of Tuna's.. it's starting to look Very Open now.. Need to post up some photos ... then got in some super quick runs on Tuna after the rain left.. good handfull of 2 wheel drifts going on.. Loving it..!!! :)
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 6/Aug/11 8:16am

Standard build today, 3pm, try and clear the lump of gorse in the middle... stack it all in piles to bring out during the week.. hope the weather holds for a ride too. Tuna's was Mint during the week even thru the rain..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 6/Aug/11 7:10pm

Awesome build today, got the clump cleared out, and got another drag track cut in further up for later use.. did some runs, Tuna's is by far the best trail at the moment.. also looking at making, by far the biggest and most dramatic, change to the trail.. looking into putting in a rock garden about 3/4 of the way down.. nothing to big and scary, as it needs to stay in touch with the trail size and design as much as possible (Sorry Thorg ;) ).. but just something to keep you on your toes and bring a new aspect to an already brilliant piece of track.

Also went for a ride down one of the newly cut XC trails, it actually has some decent parts to it, and will be looking to get the Digger in to start work on our new 200 Jump track, and looking at the width of the trail that we went down, we will be looking at putting in a Decent and more exciting downhill trail on the back of the chute and heading to the bottom of the Gimp exit.. Fingers crossed..!!!! :D

Will add some photos of the work tomorrow...!!!
Tuna's Tail section to be changed to Rock Section.jpg
This will be the new Rock Garden section of Tuna's Tail.. its already a semi slow area so making it just a wee bit more tech by adding some small rocks to it will make it very interesting, Probably add a bypass on the high side.. will see how it goes..!!!
North Shore Clearing1.jpg
Looking from the Motorway berm back towards the start of Tuna's .. can't wait to get the spray down..!
North Shore Clearing 2.jpg
the New look 1st jump and and North Shore clearing looking towards Roller Coaster
North Shore Clearing 3.jpg
This was full of gorse before and you couldnt see the Road... TOP effort
Berm reshaped and carpeted...jpg
We have given this berm a small reshape and layed it with carpet to let in bed down nice, also allows you to rip around it twice as fast hee hee
Motorway Drop thru to Roller Coaster.jpg
The rebuilt berm halfway down the section
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 15/Aug/11 7:38pm

Build this weekend, Clearing on Ressurection...!!! probably clear the top area down to the wooden roller and then clear back to the start of R2, this will be finished off next Weekend if we get a good run on it!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: ,

The Rock Garden has been started on Tuna's tail , will get some pics up asap, from what i have seen it is very nice.. Well Done Tim..!!! more to come and a bypass... :)
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 18/Aug/11 6:59am

The rock garden so far and the new bypass... more to be added..
Tuna Rock Garden.jpg
even with this amount of rocks the line is actually easier to hit than before.. more will be added and drainage is going in on the high side..
Tuna Rock Garden Bypass.jpg
the bypass, not everybody will enjoy the rock garden so this is added to allow ALL level of riders down the track without issue...
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 20/Aug/11 7:54pm

Mega build today, the clearing on Ressa went well above expected, with the PD boy's having gone down there and given it a good going over.. We popped over into R2 and started clearing that and it is looking mean with the trees up so big already.. we then carried on with the Rock Garden on Tuna's and clearing the bypass out.. then managed to get some runs in on the track too... Loving the dry weather, Tuna's is well above awesome at the moment and with the addition of the Rock Garden it is the BEST trail on the Hill at the moment..!!!! Cant wait till next weekend.. will continue the R2 Clear and then work on the Bypass some more.... :) :thumbsup: :cool:

Well Done to Tim for the effort on the Rocks ..top notch .. :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby craxykiwi on Sat 20/Aug/11 10:06pm

GOPR0115.JPG
rocky section almost done
craxykiwi
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby craxykiwi on Sat 20/Aug/11 10:08pm

:)
GOPR0120.JPG
craxykiwi

Postby craxykiwi on Sat 20/Aug/11 10:11pm

GOPR0121.JPG
entrance is nice coming in blind but can take any line you want to get through
craxykiwi

Postby craxykiwi on Sat 20/Aug/11 10:13pm

GOPR0122.JPG
craxykiwi

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 20/Aug/11 10:17pm

Shot boi.. You can add all the photos under the same post just upload them all 1 at a time then hit Submit..!

;)
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts