Re: Go The Dads!

Postby phunk on Thu 7/Apr/11 8:54am

Me boy is one years old today! My how time flies.
phunk
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Thu 7/Apr/11 9:03am

Congratulations! That's quite a milestone. :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Thu 7/Apr/11 9:09am

Fantastic :thumbsup:

shouldn't such news be accompanied by pics :eh:
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby phunk on Thu 7/Apr/11 9:16am

Indeed!
isac jumping beans.JPG
phunk

Postby thorg on Thu 7/Apr/11 9:20am

wow, a little human!

looks healthy and happy - hope you are likewise :)
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby phunk on Thu 7/Apr/11 9:28am

He is! We are!

Hope all is well with your new family too!

Hugs all round.
phunk

Postby cruiser on Thu 7/Apr/11 9:39am

phunk wrote:Indeed!
isac jumping beans.JPG

I really miss that age :(

Make sure you capture heaps on video if you can.

My kids (and me) really love looking at videos of themselves when they were younger, the random mundane stuff makes them laugh even more than the special occasions too.
cruiser
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 13/Apr/11 7:32pm

in Christchurch? Got a 1 or 2 year old boy??? Have i got a deal for you!!! :) :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=368789838
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 14/Apr/11 4:45pm

Anyone interested in a Shwin 2 child bike trailer?
My two are to big for it now and they want to go in it when they see it in the garage.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby thorg on Thu 14/Apr/11 7:15pm

Datsane wrote:Anyone interested in a Shwin 2 child bike trailer?
My two are to big for it now and they want to go in it when they see it in the garage.
pics please :)
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby northernmonkey on Thu 14/Apr/11 9:14pm

Has anybody got a wee ride or similar going cheap? My daughter had a massive meltdown today coz she couldn't reach the bars while sat on my knee hooning around the yard, I think she's ready for a proper seat!!
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 15/Apr/11 8:42am

northernmonkey wrote:Has anybody got a wee ride or similar going cheap? My daughter had a massive meltdown today coz she couldn't reach the bars while sat on my knee hooning around the yard, I think she's ready for a proper seat!!

no pics, but, what i've done is get one of my old seats, cut a tire tube once (next to the valve stem) so its a long straight piece, tied it onto one of the seat rails, wrapped it around the rest of that rail and the other one, then the 'tail' thats left i use to wrap the front of the seat onto the top tube, using the valve stem to hold it by tucking it in under the seat. the boys either put their feet on the fork crown, or kinda tuck them into the front triangle and rest them on the down tube. you could also make a T shape from wood and attach it to the bottle mounts. works a treat. still take the 6 year old to school on it regularly if we dont have time for him to ride his own bike.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby northernmonkey on Fri 15/Apr/11 9:16am

swtchbckr wrote:
northernmonkey wrote:Has anybody got a wee ride or similar going cheap? My daughter had a massive meltdown today coz she couldn't reach the bars while sat on my knee hooning around the yard, I think she's ready for a proper seat!!

no pics, but, what i've done is get one of my old seats, cut a tire tube once (next to the valve stem) so its a long straight piece, tied it onto one of the seat rails, wrapped it around the rest of that rail and the other one, then the 'tail' thats left i use to wrap the front of the seat onto the top tube, using the valve stem to hold it by tucking it in under the seat. the boys either put their feet on the fork crown, or kinda tuck them into the front triangle and rest them on the down tube. you could also make a T shape from wood and attach it to the bottle mounts. works a treat. still take the 6 year old to school on it regularly if we dont have time for him to ride his own bike.

Nice one, I shall give that a go...
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby fatwombat on Fri 15/Apr/11 2:08pm

My dad made one of these for my youngest - an old seat with a couple of lengths of angle aluminium and bits of a swimming noodle to protect the frame. It was very stable on the bike, good enough to go from the carpark to the summit of Makara and back. The footrests were a couple of long bolts with lengths of plastic hose.

Long since given away, otherwise I'd have been hapy to give it to you.
bar seat close-up 1.jpg

bar seat close-up 2.jpg
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Fri 15/Apr/11 3:20pm

little old Chinese dude in Karori used to cruise around with his (grand?)kid sitting on a block of timber with two gumboots attached to it :D
sifter
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Sifting - Latest Posts