Aussie Team - 2011 World Track Champs

Postby EoinC on Thu 10/Mar/11 5:31pm

Cycling Australia have released the names of the riders picked for the Cyclones team for 2011 World Track Champ's:

http://www.cycling.org.au/?page=41520&format=
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Re: Aussie Team - 2011 World Track Champs

Postby Oli on Thu 10/Mar/11 5:33pm

What, no Tahlay?? :angry:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby EoinC on Wed 30/Mar/11 11:53am

Oli wrote:What, no Tahlay?? :angry:
Not yet, she isn't allowed to go out until she's cleaned her room...

8 out of 19 Golds for Aussies. 3 Golds for MCC riders (Cameron Meyer, Luke Durbridge, and Michael Frieberg)

http://www.worldchamptrackcycling.com/

The sooner Tahlay gets her room cleaned, the sooner she can go out to play... Cruel but fair.
EoinC

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 30/Mar/11 11:55am

that would be a big win for AIS and $$$ eh?
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby EoinC on Wed 30/Mar/11 12:03pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:that would be a big win for AIS and $$$ eh?
Oui, oui... although I'm not sure where the moolah goes. The riders who aren't on contracts exist on cake stalls and chook raffles.
EoinC

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 30/Mar/11 1:12pm

EoinC wrote:
Oui, oui... although I'm not sure where the moolah goes. The riders who aren't on contracts exist on cake stalls and chook raffles.

i vaguely remember (well not really even vaguely) a calculation like a million for a commonwealth games medal . . . .
dollars go to AIS structure and staff i think which is both very costly and very successful.

But we have a world cup of rugby :p :p :p :p
(that costs he whole country a vast amount to subsidise a private business but because its rugby its OK)
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby EoinC on Wed 30/Mar/11 1:26pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:
EoinC wrote:

i vaguely remember (well not really even vaguely) a calculation like a million for a commonwealth games medal . . . .
dollars go to AIS structure and staff i think which is both very costly and very successful.

But we have a world cup of rugby :p :p :p :p
(that costs he whole country a vast amount to subsidise a private business but because its rugby its OK)

It's a pity (at least from where I sit) that Aussie, despite churning out World-class sickle-ists from Oppy onwards, would rather watch dodgy social club aerial ping pong on the gigglebox, than see Rainbow colours being won in thrilling battles. Half of Geelong were probably in the drawing room, watching Mallacoota playing Wonthaggi on Channel 7, whilst the World Road Champs were being contested on the streets outside (Caveat - This statistic is not related to reality, but fits my opinion, so is therefore valid).
EoinC

Cycling | Track Cycling - Latest Posts