Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby Datsane on Sat 26/Feb/11 8:34pm

ShoreBoy wrote:Little red Starlet is now sitting in my garage. Body is rough, but nothing that can't be remedied. It is f*cking fast on full boost though!! Don't think I'll be running it a full 18psi for quite some time.

Sweet
Go scare some boy races at the night drags.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 26/Feb/11 8:35pm

it's well cool, engine is very tidy and well set up, has very sensible build, w55/57 supra box, ute diff etc. gonna be a fun little car
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 26/Feb/11 8:37pm

shmoodiver wrote:it's well cool, engine is very tidy and well set up, has very sensible build, w55/57 supra box, ute diff etc. gonna be a fun little car

Apart from the full boost setting :lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Sat 26/Feb/11 8:51pm

Datsane wrote:Apart from the full boost setting :lol:

That's very true. I got in the passenger seat for the first little bit, the guy put his foot up it and shit, did it take off!! He slowed down after getting into 5th, looked over and said "So...that was 12 pounds!!" :blink:

I just got home, and hadn't even put it in the garage yet when Llama came riding down the drive :lol:
ShoreBoy
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 26/Feb/11 8:57pm

llama being me....

i have much jealousness, want a little car again.... miss my KP's, especially the STUNTCAR
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby ShoreBoy on Sat 26/Feb/11 9:59pm

shmoodiver wrote:llama being me....

:blush: Sorry bol, too many tabs open = identity confusion!!

Stuntcar???!!!
ShoreBoy

Postby tombomb600 on Sat 26/Feb/11 10:57pm

ShoreBoy wrote:Little red Starlet is now sitting in my garage. Body is rough, but nothing that can't be remedied. It is f*cking fast on full boost though!! Don't think I'll be running it a full 18psi for quite some time.

Pics?
tombomb600
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 26/Feb/11 11:54pm

yar, KP61 sprint with headwork, cam, extractors, exhaust, webber, lightened flywheel, 4.1:1 diff, kyb's, 30mm lower with stiffer springs, 175/70/13 on 6" wide turbo's, fully gutted interior and a mitsi pajero bonnet scoop....

good balance of grip, handling and power. dial up 4K rpm and dump the clutch and it would just hook up and go.

STUNTCAR!
shmoodiver

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 27/Feb/11 8:18pm

As ordered :)
I did a few calculations last night, and figured out that at 12lb boost, it's got roughly the same power to weight ratio (in kW/tonne) as a 2011 WRX STI. That's based on the pervious owner's weight claim of around 800kg. At 18lb boost, it's got 225kW/tonne. :blink:
StarletSmall1.jpg
StarletSmall5.jpg
StarletSmall7.jpg
StarletEngineBay2.jpg
IMG_1734.JPG
ShoreBoy

Postby Bigfoot on Sun 27/Feb/11 8:39pm

:thumbsup:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 27/Feb/11 8:39pm

looks like it will be fun, a wee bit different from the Lynx I imagine
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby dented on Sun 27/Feb/11 9:04pm

Looks good. Just noticed the shot from the rear, my advice just do your homework around Schedule A from the Motorsport Manual before you go chopping out the boot tray. You will need a sealed firewall between it and the passenger compartment (and the battery) if you want to run a fuel cell in there, unless you run a filler tube up and out to exit one of the rear guards. Does it come with a logbook and homologated cage?
dented
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 27/Feb/11 9:41pm

PBR, yes it's completely different to the Lynx, will take some getting used to!

Dents, yes it does have a homologated cage and log book. Seats and harnesses are FIA approved too.
I'll read up about the fuel cell thing, thanks for that. My neighbour suggested that fuel cell idea, he's done it to his, but reading your post I realised that his is a sedan, not a hatch.
ShoreBoy

Postby tombomb600 on Sun 27/Feb/11 9:43pm

ShoreBoy wrote:As ordered :)
I did a few calculations last night, and figured out that at 12lb boost, it's got roughly the same power to weight ratio (in kW/tonne) as a 2011 WRX STI. That's based on the pervious owner's weight claim of around 800kg. At 18lb boost, it's got 225kW/tonne. :blink:

very nice :thumbsup: Sounds like a lot of fun
tombomb600
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 27/Feb/11 10:02pm

tombomb600 wrote:
ShoreBoy wrote:As ordered :)

very nice :thumbsup: Sounds like a lot of fun

a ton (225kw/ton )of fun to be accurate
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts