Re: Go The Dads!

Postby bubbaa on Thu 2/Sep/10 9:04pm

correct pronunciation at about 1.40 :lol:
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby nostromo on Thu 2/Sep/10 10:09pm

bubbaa wrote:wheelbarroW is the best word ever.
except for fetus of course

and borborygmi

rhumbaba is pretty good too
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 3/Sep/10 9:55pm

dented wrote:
phunk wrote:Being a Dad is awesome!

It definitely has its bonuses :)

Slacker Dents
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby nostromo on Sun 5/Sep/10 11:53pm

I had a lovely fathers day. I got woken up with cold toast with thick jam on it, and a glass of water from my daughter, and a hand made card. A plus for effort.
And my boy ran up to me with a smile and wrapped his arms around me when I came home from something, a first :thumbsup:
nostromo

Postby goldfish on Mon 6/Sep/10 12:09am

nostromo wrote:I had a lovely fathers day. I got woken up with cold toast with thick jam on it, and a glass of water from my daughter, and a hand made card. A plus for effort.
And my boy ran up to me with a smile and wrapped his arms around me when I came home from something, a first :thumbsup:

That is made of win :love:
goldfish
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby dented on Mon 6/Sep/10 7:41am

Anyone got any experience with the type of lisp that causes young kids to pronounce the word 'truck' as a clear and emphatic 'FUCK'?

I mean, its not worrying me, I assume it will sort itself out. Particularly funny are a couple of variations, ie:

Monster truck = Munter Fuck
Dump truck = Dumb fuck

Still, the grandparents get a bit taken aback when it eminates from the mouth of my 2yo angel.
dented
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Mon 6/Sep/10 8:07am

:D
Oli
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 6/Sep/10 1:59pm

dented wrote:Anyone got any experience with the type of lisp that causes young kids to pronounce the word 'truck' as a clear and emphatic 'FUCK'?

I mean, its not worrying me, I assume it will sort itself out. Particularly funny are a couple of variations, ie:

Dump truck = Dumb fuck

Still, the grandparents get a bit taken aback when it eminates from the mouth of my 2yo angel.

You can giggle and laugh like my brother inlaw with his 2yr old daughter and her "Dirty Dick" rather than "dirty stick"
If the boys say something wrong I try to calmly (without laughing depending on what they say) correct them emphasising the bit wrong part as clearly as possible.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby cruiser on Mon 6/Sep/10 5:16pm

dented wrote:Anyone got any experience with the type of lisp that causes young kids to pronounce the word 'truck' as a clear and emphatic 'FUCK'?

Dump truck = Dumb fuck

:D that stuff is gold.

My kids had some dodgy ways of saying stuff, I just used to laugh. It goes away, make the most of the funny words while it's still innocent and funny.
cruiser
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby nostromo on Sat 18/Sep/10 1:17pm

Took my James to his first movie, went really really well. A local autistic support group hires a little theatre at the local cinema (Penthouse in Brooklyn) so the kids can go along with their parents and siblings and they can do their autistic thing if they need to (e.g. jumping up and down, flapping their arms making noise etc) without bothering other people :thumbsup:
nostromo

Postby pedalingkiwi on Sat 18/Sep/10 2:23pm

cool - (makes me appreciate all these 'normal' things that 'other' parents take for granted) - was James engrossed, appear to relate to the story or images, or to 'enjoy' the experience .... ?? Just curious. Glad it was a good experience for you nostomo :)
pedalingkiwi

Postby nostromo on Sat 18/Sep/10 2:42pm

pedalingkiwi wrote:cool - (makes me appreciate all these 'normal' things that 'other' parents take for granted) - was James engrossed, appear to relate to the story or images, or to 'enjoy' the experience .... ?? Just curious. Glad it was a good experience for you nostomo :)

Oh yeah, it was Toy Story 3 which he's never seen so he was very quiet and still, he really likes Toy Story 1 & 2, has a Buzz lightyear top and bed sheets and so-on. He watched intently for about an hour, then got restless, thats just attention span, he's not yet four. I really don't know how much he understands, but quite a bit I think.
I personally haven't really seen many other autistic kids yet so it was interesting for me, there was one older kid who's behaviour was uncannily close to James, i.e. non verbal and the same flapping and so-on. The others could talk to some degree, some of them are 'Aspies' i.e. high functioning Autistics. It's really cool to have the siblings there (I took my daughter too). They do a gym thing too where they can run amok, so we're going to that tomorrow, should be great.
nostromo

Postby pedalingkiwi on Sat 18/Sep/10 3:32pm

glad to hear you are making the most of "being in Holland" :)
pedalingkiwi

Sifting - Latest Posts