Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 4/Jul/10 11:00am

Average build today , slasher broke 5 mins into the clearing :cry: , so i had to continue by hand made a bit of a dent in it just before Lower taniwha and Ressa meet.. then went onto fixing the ballsup of the track that the PD workers made a while back at the Table just after the junction of the trails, i recut the line around from the top and dug a nice little drain /tiny berm all the way down to the existing drainage, i cleared out that drain and further on down and then used all the dirt that i had dug up to boost the height of the lip of the table and put a hip into the outside of it, just need to pack the hip better and create a better landing area on the landing side and she will be good as :thumbsup: , the drain and berm will need some more work but its better than a staright line, was hope to get a photo but it started to rain in the last half hr so i will get one early this week :thumbsup: . Hope to get the slasher fixed this week also :angry: .
The next piece to fix up , again ( PD workers ballsup) will be the berm section right on the junction of the two tracks they have cleared a good metre back and i noticed that people have been cutting the line thus allowing crap to grow on the track so we will do the same here dig some drainage ont he high side and cut away the edge of the trail to put it back the way it was... ;)
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby hude on Sun 4/Jul/10 1:06pm

Dude, good effort.

Sorry i didn't make it as daughter only in towm for 1 night so making the most of our time.

Will be back next week.
hude
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 4/Jul/10 1:15pm

hude wrote:Dude, good effort.

Sorry i didn't make it as daughter only in towm for 1 night so making the most of our time.

Will be back next week.

Sweet as Myles is out with tech in Hamiltron Sorin is still popping out, sam is working sundays, your knee ( how is it?? ) is on and off... we are a sad bunch hahahah oh well, will try to hammer it over the next couple of months ( the gorse ) so we can hit it with tthe spray early spring and get oon top of it for once , im sick of it but oh well someone has to do it :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 6/Jul/10 5:55pm

Phots of Sundays Build finally after all the rain :hmmm:

Should flow quite good , it used to at the height of its prime before it got ballsed up
Entry to table.jpg
looking from the very top of the entry to the switchback
Table entry.jpg
curving around to the entry of the table, note the takeoff has been made higher and had a hip portion added to it
Table exit.jpg
looking back up from the bottom of the table
The_Quinsta

Postby madpete on Fri 9/Jul/10 7:26pm

wow amazing how much the gorse & trees have grown in a year. that area was virtually flat waste land when i left to move down south a year ago
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 9/Jul/10 8:59pm

yeah pretty much pete, but we are getting there, working on getting more cleared over the next month or so but the worker numbers are dwinderling, work study injuries weather, all part of it, but we are going to get there :hmmm:
The_Quinsta

Postby madpete on Fri 9/Jul/10 9:34pm

yeah winter does that, especially when its raining!!!
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 9/Jul/10 10:01pm

which we have had a shit load of in the last 2 weeks , getting very very tired of it to say the least, after the BIG drought we had its gone a bit far now rofl :D
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 10/Jul/10 12:50pm

Build tomorrow bring ya bike we will be sessioning the Table i have been working on last week etc , will look at making more of a hip out of it and then making it real sweet .... slasher still out and weather is looking mint so we will get a ride in :thumbsup: :D CARPARK at 8
The_Quinsta

Postby bmx.kid1 on Sat 10/Jul/10 7:52pm

how wet is it i wanna come ride up their but dependant on thw weather
bmx.kid1
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 10/Jul/10 8:53pm

Dry as bro , fri arvo was sweet as :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 11/Jul/10 11:38am

Good build today , Hude and i got the hip into shape , gave it a ride seems pretty good , will need some fine tuning , probably look at making the ramp a bit flatter to keep the launch lower but otherwise it was good as
SDC10072.JPG
SDC10073.JPG
SDC10075.JPG
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 17/Jul/10 3:08pm

Build tomorrow we will rebuild the drop and berm after the XC crossing of ressurection and also rebuild and tidy the dual berms a bit too.....
The_Quinsta

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Sat 17/Jul/10 8:45pm

Sweet as dan box will c u ther if i dont sleep in haha
It apears vorb works on Kims computa so must be my net settings on myn that not lettin me on????
Been frigen ageeeeesssss since i been on lolcopter to the poer of 789xx extreme
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 17/Jul/10 10:55pm

Yeah mine has an active X fault pop up all the time, add Vorb to your exceptions list under sites etc etc
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts