A Moral Dilemma Involving Possible Father Daughter Rumpo

Postby Tama on Thu 2/Jul/09 9:59am

While perusing the celebrity gossip news on Stuff this morning I came across this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2558301 ... for-incest wrote:A couple have gone on trial in Auckland District Court for incest, although the man is denying he is the woman's biological father.

The pair, who have name suppression, allegedly had a sexual relationship for more than 10 years.

They met when she was almost 30 and had tracked him down, while he was in his late 40s and living in Britain, The New Zealand Herald newspaper reported today.

Crown prosecutor Scott McColgan told the court that, although they were consenting adults, if they had a sexual relationship that was "incestuous".

After the pair met, the woman returned to New Zealand, split with her husband and went back to Britain, Mr McColgan said.

The two defendants eventually came together to New Zealand.

The man admitted to police that he and the woman were in a sexual relationship but denied he was her biological father.

However, Mr McColgan said, scientists would testify there was strong evidence that the two were biological father and daughter.

When interviewed by police, the woman denied she and the man were in a relationship, but said he was her partner and soulmate.

The trial enters its second day today.

OK, while I agree that "romancing" ones daughter is wrong in a number of ways this doesn't seem that cut and dried:

1.) She "tracked him down" while she was an adult - which suggests he was completely unknown to her
2.) They've been together for more than 10 years
3.) They are denying they're related

While 3 rings of bullshit (why else would you track someone down on the other side of the world) I really don't know why they are on trial. As long as they don't have kids who are they harming? They've lasted more than 10 years together which points towards a solid loving relationship.

Apart from the "ick" factor what is the actual problem here? :eh:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: A Moral Dilemma Involving Possible Father Daughter Rumpo

Postby nagem on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:00am

I think they have kids.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Tama on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:03am

nagem wrote:I think they have kids.

Ah :huh: :(

{has ick spazz out on floor}
Tama

Postby nagem on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:04am

If it's the couple that I am thinking of then they have had two children (purely speculation on my part and probably something I have read in the gossip mags) and one of them passed away at an early age.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Trail on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:09am

Gone on trial?? Wouldn't a DNA test be pretty conclusive in this case?
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby pissface on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:12am

Trail wrote:Gone on trial?? Wouldn't a DNA test be pretty conclusive in this case?

they are on trial for incest. that means they have been charged with it. DNA test would be a method of proof of being related, add to the evidence of a sexual relationship, therefore concluding whether or not incest has occurred, and deciding at the trial guilty or not guilty and sentenced accordingly.

requires going through the legal process and standards of proof and evidence.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby bugle on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:43am

Whos your daddy..?
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby phunk on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:55am

pissface wrote:
Trail wrote:Gone on trial?? Wouldn't a DNA test be pretty conclusive in this case?

they are on trial for incest. that means they have been charged with it. DNA test would be a method of proof of being related, add to the evidence of a sexual relationship, therefore concluding whether or not incest has occurred, and deciding at the trial guilty or not guilty and sentenced accordingly.

And not just trial-by-Vorb?
phunk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Tama on Thu 2/Jul/09 10:57am

phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:

Trial-by-Vorb is cheaper because the experts volunteer their opinions for free :)
Tama

Postby phunk on Thu 2/Jul/09 11:02am

Tama wrote:
phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:

Trial-by-Vorb is cheaper because the experts volunteer their opinions for free :)

And once those opinions are on the internet then they must be true :thumbsup:
phunk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Chickenman on Thu 2/Jul/09 11:03am

bugle wrote:Whos your daddy..?

I'd like you to meet my wife and daughter...
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Thu 2/Jul/09 11:04am

Tama wrote:
phunk wrote:
pissface wrote:

No, most make the usual 2c charge :-)

not sure how they claim it but.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby xcmtb on Thu 2/Jul/09 11:12am

nagem wrote:If it's the couple that I am thinking of then they have had two children (purely speculation on my part and probably something I have read in the gossip mags) and one of them passed away at an early age.

They should be done for murder. Knowingly creating a child that was likely to have defects causing early death.
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby pissface on Thu 2/Jul/09 11:13am

bugle wrote:Whos your daddy..?

:D
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby nagem on Thu 2/Jul/09 11:23am