Introducing The Contour Hd Wearable Camcorder

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Tue 26/May/09 10:08am

Revolution Products is proud to introducing ContourHD: The World's First (and lightest) HD Wearable Camcorder. The ideal video camera to shoot and share your active lifestyle, ContourHD combines amazing video quality (choose between crisp High Definition or smooth High Action SD), hands-free wearability (attach ContourHD to your goggles, helmet, equipment, or vehicle), and one button simplicity (single button to shoot and share online). Light enough (4 ounces) to fit on your goggles, this compact and rugged video camera makes HD quality video affordable

The ContourHD can switch between crisp HD quality video captured at 30 frames per second or butter smooth SD quality video captured at 60 frames per second. Its all-in-one design means ContourHD has no wires or a separate recorder, but instead captures up to 8 hours of HD video to its own internal microSD memory card (compatible with up to a 16GB card). Armored with an aluminum body and two lasers for quick alignment.

ContourHD Features:
· 2 Video Settings

High Definition: Fill your screen with vivid, widescreen (16:9) action video. With a full 1280x720 (pixels) window and 30 frames per second.

High Action: Ideal for making the fastest adventure sports appear as smooth as butter. Recording standard definition video at 60 frames per second (twice as many frames as TV quality video) you won't miss any of the action.

· Record over 8 Hours of HD Video

ContourHD can record up to 8 hours of HD quality video or 16 hours of SD quality video to an internal microSD memory card (compatible up to a 16GB memory card). Powered by a removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, this robust camera recharges through a USB cable connected directly to your computer.

· Wide Angle Lens:

At 135 degrees, the new ContourHD lens strikes the perfect balance in capturing the entire scene without over-distorting the video.

· Wearable Anywhere

Patent-pending TRailTM Mounts "slide and lock" ContourHD onto a series of different mounts for your goggle, helmet, handlebar, vehicle, or anywhere else you want to mount it

· One Button Simplicity

ContourHD's operation couldn't be simpler with a single oversized record switch (to be operated even with a pair of gloves on) and click to share software.

· Laser Alignment

Two lasers and a 192o rotating lens ensure you line up the shot every time. Turn on the lasers and rotate the front lens until the two laser points are horizontally aligned.

· Armored Body

A water-resistant camera for all seasons its light (4 ounces/116 grams) anodized aluminum body withstands dust, dirt, mud, and snow.

· Easy Edit Mac and PC Software

Easy Edit™ software (Mac and PC compatible) makes it automatic to import your videos from the camera, clip out the best parts, and share them to VholdR.com.

Available in early July, per-order yours now to at http://www.revolutionproducts.co.nz
SideViewLow-Res.png
FrontViewLow-Res.png
RearViewLow-Res.png
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Introducing The Contour Hd Wearable Camcorder

Postby Soba on Tue 26/May/09 10:44am

want

Are these being sold through Revolution stockists or just online?
Soba
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Tue 26/May/09 10:49am

Chris at Revolution is going to be stocking them :thumbsup:
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Conners on Tue 26/May/09 10:52am

Oh - that didn't quite answer your question did it :ib:
Chris will be along to answer himself shortly...
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Jono on Tue 26/May/09 10:58am

Mmmm. looks good.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby xcwander on Tue 26/May/09 11:06am

Have one ordered, now just the wait.....
xcwander
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby t-bike on Tue 26/May/09 11:46am

Soba wrote:want

Are these being sold through Revolution stockists or just online?

You'll be able to get one through one of our dealers:
http://www.revolutionproducts.co.nz/tra ... ealers-nz/
Or if you don't have a dealer near you then you can order one on line. Either way we'll look after you.
t-bike
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby xcmtb on Tue 26/May/09 12:10pm

Chris,

Me and a mate are looking at the 5Mp GoPro camera. Would you like to use your salesman skills and inform us why we should spend a bit more to have your product?

Cheers,
Steve
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby t-bike on Tue 26/May/09 12:46pm

xcmtb wrote:Chris,

Me and a mate are looking at the 5Mp GoPro camera. Would you like to use your salesman skills and inform us why we should spend a bit more to have your product?

Cheers,
Steve

Well, I'm not into bagging other products to sell mine. But I can tell you the facts:
1)The Contour HD shoots at 1280x720 at 30fps or 848x480 at 60fps. The GoPro also shoots at 30fps but only at 512x384.
2)The Contour HD comes stock with a 2gb micro SD card and can handle up to a 16gb card. GoPro comes with 16mb (internal) and but can work up to a 2gb card.
3) Lazers!!! The Contour HD has 2 lazers which help you align your camera so you know whats in your shoot.
4) Rotating lenses on Contour HD means you can mount your camera on pretty much anything and still get level footage.
5) The Contour comes with a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery which gives you 2hrs of recording time, the GoPro comes with AAA's.
6) In my bias opinion the Contour HD looks a lot sleeker and less likely to get ripped off your head by a tree?
7) The Contour comes with software which lets you edit and upload your footage onto http://www.vholdr.com

End of the day, both are great models. But bigger is better right??
ContourHDMatrix.jpg
t-bike

Postby mitch7 on Tue 26/May/09 9:07pm

man ...the demo video is awesome quality...

very impressed.....have to put it on the list. :)
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby onyabike on Wed 27/May/09 11:38am

Isn't HD supposed to be 1920x1080?
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby t-bike on Wed 27/May/09 12:28pm

onyabike wrote:Isn't HD supposed to be 1920x1080?

Yes your correct but 1280x720 is also HD. Its very confusing but have a read of this and it will clear everything up for you: http://www.projectorcentral.com/true_hdtv.htm
t-bike

Postby radiusq on Wed 27/May/09 12:56pm

It looks like an evolution of my cheapo Oregon Scientific ATC2K which had pretty good stats at the time that I bought it - 640x480 @ 30fps - DVD quality right? Nope, footage is pretty poor and it doesn't handle low light or sharp contrast changes at all well. It was also difficult to get it to record a stable image and there was a wavy effect during lots of movement. It wasn't bad for the money I guess, but what I'm saying is that stats alone are not an indication of overall image quality.
radiusq
"Zing-a-Ling-a-Ding"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Conners on Wed 27/May/09 1:04pm

radiusq wrote:It looks like an evolution of my cheapo Oregon Scientific ATC2K which had pretty good stats at the time that I bought it - 640x480 @ 30fps - DVD quality right? Nope, footage is pretty poor and it doesn't handle low light or sharp contrast changes at all well. It was also difficult to get it to record a stable image and there was a wavy effect during lots of movement. It wasn't bad for the money I guess, but what I'm saying is that stats alone are not an indication of overall image quality.

Well actually 640x480 at 30fps isn't DVD quality at all... But you're right -there are good and bad cameras with the same stats.

Things have come a long way in helmet cam technology, just have a look at some of the footage at www.vholdr.com and you will see that these things don't put out wavy, flickery footage.
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby thelivo on Wed 27/May/09 3:10pm

Whats the format that it outputs in - is it something that can be handled by standard editing suites?
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Climbing | Cycling | Kayaking | Mountain Biking | Paddling | Rock Climbing | Skiing | Snow | Snowboarding - Latest Posts