Postby Fergie on Wed 3/Dec/08 12:41pm

istepinyards wrote:Me=90kgs

When you back in town for that ride? I might be able to keep up now!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 3/Dec/08 12:42pm

:lol: True must wear the heartrate monitor more often :sneaky:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 3/Dec/08 12:44pm

Fergie wrote:
istepinyards wrote:Me=90kgs

When you back in town for that ride? I might be able to keep up now!
Hopefully in the new year sometime. Its not like I have a full diary or anything :blush:
No excuses for me not to get over there
Might have to test out a Look while I'm there :satan:
I was always around 90kgs Fergie. Most of the weight is in my Biceps "thunder and lightning"anyway :huh:
istepinyards

Postby Fergie on Wed 3/Dec/08 12:51pm

Looks like I may be able to go to MTB Worlds in Canberra. I recall you saying you knew a few good bars there!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."

Postby istepinyards on Wed 3/Dec/08 12:54pm

Fergie wrote: Looks like I may be able to go to MTB Worlds in Canberra. I recall you saying you knew a few good bars there!
I have a PhD in worldwide drinking establishments :D
I am not an alcoholic because I like drinking too much
istepinyards

Postby Fergie on Wed 3/Dec/08 1:31pm

Meets my rigorous credentials requirement!
Fergie

Postby Lozz on Wed 3/Dec/08 1:55pm

danose wrote:
istepinyards wrote: Had a nice jaunt with my Dad to the coffee shop then home via the pub :satan:
All up 45kms and consumed 8 times more calories than I burned. Job well done ;)

I think I need to adopt your training regime Dave - last night I did 30km - all up and down hackthorne rd, then went home and ate a salad :(

wat r u danose? did u ride in a 25 as well?! :crazy: :eh:
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby danose on Wed 3/Dec/08 2:00pm

Lozz wrote:
danose wrote:I think I need to adopt your training regime Dave - last night I did 30km - all up and down hackthorne rd, then went home and ate a salad :(

wat r u danose? did u ride in a 25 as well?! :crazy: :eh:

oi - the only 25 you'll find on my bikes are on wheels with big knobbly tyres on :sneaky:

I did do a warm down lap in the 21 though - see I'm getting old, BITD it'd have been 6 laps in the 17 then home to eat half a cow raw :cool:
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Fergie on Wed 3/Dec/08 8:56pm

Out to Ruapuna to watch the Kermesse out there. Pretty windy so Scottie roped me in to help him with the newbie group. Pretty cool, picked up two new people to coach from helping out:)

Alan Williams won A grade again (yes Sam Steele is a sprinter Al) while I see Amy Laird is moving up the ranks taking first women in C2. Great fun zipping round in the wind. Still creeping though.
Fergie

Postby Tugboat on Sat 6/Dec/08 3:49pm

What a stunner of a day in Wellington! Perfect to be out on the bike at 8am for a cruise around the bays and a couple of laps over the top of Mt Crawford,then a quick jaunt over Mt Victoria and back down into Newtown for a sweet 56kms. :)
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby taylormade on Sat 6/Dec/08 4:00pm

Round Pauatahanui Inlet and up to the top of Moonshine Rd. Then up Flighty's across the Rd and up Belmont Rd and back home to Paremata. Nice and relaxed enjoying the sun. Saw half a dozen riders out this morning. :)
taylormade
"60% of the time it works everytime"
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby chchbob on Sat 6/Dec/08 4:10pm

From home in to watch the FOC long bays today, watch the elites go past Hackthorne with a coffee in hand, then set a PB up to SOK, across the summit to Evans pass and watch them cross there. Back up the summit and then down Mt Pleasant and into town. Great day for it here in Canterbury, and there were 1 or 2 ;) people out.
chchbob
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 7/Dec/08 10:26pm

My first ride in ONE MONTH = very sad :(

Laziness, working every weekday, increasing girth and...um laziness.... ;)

I didn't even ride on the road.
Rollers - I did 49 mins at 90 + rpms on my SingleSpeed listening to The Pixies 'Wave of Mutilation'

I might do a few more days of rollers during the week and then back to the roads next weekend :)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 9/Dec/08 10:08pm

After a week off I went out tonight for a quick 50k's from home to Upper Hutt and back.
I consider myself blessed to have chosen to ride from home for 25k as opposed to riding from the bottom of the hill.
When I go from the bottom of the hill I have to ride a couple of k's up Akatarawa road to make it to a 25km turning point. I got home, checked my alerts and saw there had been a crash with a car taking out a power pole 1km up Akatarawa road.....live wires on the road, and road closed.

Was a reasonable ride for me, although both sets of quads complained at me.
Oh yeah, it was my first time out in a recently purchased (arrived today) high vis jersey. I cant say for sure, but it seemed the cars stayed a bit further away from me.

50.19km
1:52:27
26.8kph avg (including the ride up Maungaraki - was 31.7 prior)
hr avg 134
hr max 228 ??? this seems too high - HRM may be playing up
cal 898
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby jimmymic on Tue 9/Dec/08 11:36pm

Monday (ITA Time) was a public holiday, yet another :-)

So it meant an extra ride. Managed to convince the team that

a) There would be no snow
b) It would be warm
c) It wouldn't take too long

We got away around eleven, it was a glorious day, but a tad chilly - around the two degree mark at home. Left on a new route that I had found on motionbased.com for those Garmin owners out there. Garmin tells me it was 97k's 2085m of climbing, max elevation of 1120m. And all three of my convictions were untrue.

Route headed out from Verona to visit Cerro Veronese (home of Damanio Cunego) up to Bosco Chiesanuova around the corner and back home to Verona.

Beautiful, apart from the ice that was always at the end of the long descents screaming along at 70kph :cry:
P1000559-kl.jpg
P1000562-sm.jpg
jimmymic
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts