Postby Slim on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:40pm

This problem will be happening all over the show, It will soon be happening in Aussie as the mines scale back, already hearing that mines have stopped spending money on new ventures, and are cutting back hours, next they will lay off staff, then close mines.

One of my clients has had half it's orders canceled in the last 4 weeks.
Slim
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Tama on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:41pm

j2hyde wrote: I was thinking higher education, R+D. But yeah, beer isn't a bad idea.

Or the government could just buy everyone japanese cars. $24K Aus will get you a nice japanese car. Discount for buying in bulk, etc.
Struth maaaaaate, that's pretty unpatriotic of you! Next think you'll be saying is they could let Toyota race Bathurst.

Now, is it just me or is every major industry in the world subsidised some way?
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 20 years 1 month

Postby rackerrack on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:47pm

Yeah I was in Detriot the other day and there was block after block of places going to waste.The center of the city was strangley quiet,but the veiw from the top of the GM building was excellent.I was in Syracuse N.Y also and the city was selling places for $1 if you were willing to spend some $ on them to fix them up.Nice big houses but overpriced IMO.Im amazed at the amount of abandonment over here cars,houses etc.It seems like theres a Camaro or Mustang rusting away in every second yard.
GMDetroit..jpg
insideGM.jpg
rackerrack
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:48pm

Tama wrote:
j2hyde wrote: I was thinking higher education, R+D. But yeah, beer isn't a bad idea.

Or the government could just buy everyone japanese cars. $24K Aus will get you a nice japanese car. Discount for buying in bulk, etc.
Struth maaaaaate, that's pretty unpatriotic of you! Next think you'll be saying is they could let Toyota race Bathurst.

Now, is it just me or is every major industry in the world subsidised some way?


Looks like it! Even the bloody banks now!!
Kazmeistyr
User avatar
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:49pm

Its just you. I've never even heard of subsidised hookers.

Would it more appropriate for me to like Holden if Jeremy Clarkson said they were good?
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby iodi on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:49pm

Tama wrote:Now, is it just me or is every major industry in the world subsidised some way?

Yes, that's mostly the case. And the companies that aren't subsidised get beaten up by the one who are, so they then demand subsidies so that they can "compete".

Meanwhile, the auto industry has been struggling all round. Even so, while Ford and GM have each lost 93% of their share value since 2000, Honda has gained 10%. One of these companies is better than the others.
iodi
User avatar
"I like dolphins"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:50pm

Mint huffy! I'd never realised how good they look without wheels
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby dented on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:51pm

j2hyde wrote: Mint huffy! I'd never realised how good they look without wheels
:lol:
I looked at it at first and thought, wow, he's got V-brakes on the front of his Turner, thats weird...
dented
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Tama on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:51pm

j2hyde wrote: Its just you. I've never even heard of subsidised hookers.

Subsidised businessmen, bureaucrats and politicians use their excess ill-gotten gains to rent more poon ;)
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 20 years 1 month

Postby iodi on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:55pm

j2hyde wrote:Would it more appropriate for me to like Holden if Jeremy Clarkson said they were good?

Clarkson tested a Torana and loved it. He called it primitive and unsophisticated, but loved the raw power.
iodi
User avatar
"I like dolphins"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 10/Nov/08 2:57pm

Slim wrote: This problem will be happening all over the show, It will soon be happening in Aussie as the mines scale back, already hearing that mines have stopped spending money on new ventures, and are cutting back hours, next they will lay off staff, then close mines.

One of my clients has had half it's orders canceled in the last 4 weeks.


They've already sacked heaps of people, exploration guys mostly. High cost Mines were closing months ago. No surpise there commodity prices were rediculously high. It's actually quite good though, because development funding was was not sustained enough to significantly increase global production capacity and demand fundamentals are still strong. Prices will bounce back to artificially high levels once this crunch bottoms. The big guns are going to continue to make epic profits for a while yet.

I bet Twiggy Forester doesnt make the BRW top 100 rich list this year...
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Mon 10/Nov/08 3:02pm

iodi wrote:
Tama wrote:Now, is it just me or is every major industry in the world subsidised some way?

Yes, that's mostly the case. And the companies that aren't subsidised get beaten up by the one who are, so they then demand subsidies so that they can "compete".

Meanwhile, the auto industry has been struggling all round. Even so, while Ford and GM have each lost 93% of their share value since 2000, Honda has gained 10%. One of these companies is better than the others.


Ford and GM were incompetent. They relied on "subsidies" and "tariffs" to survive, not actually making decent products, and falling waaaayyy behind on modern manufacturing principles. They are corrupt, stupid companies, that could have easily been the most successful companies in the world, but had their heads stuck up the local Senator's arse with wads of cash and free hookers for far, far too long.

That and their immensly nasty alternative fuel standpoints. Their arrogance on thinking they could continue blinding people on the oil situation is just pathetic.

They are truly, truly retarded. If they'd started thumping out fuel efficient cars like tha Japs did, all of those people and towns will still be thriving. Dickheads, dickheads,dickheads.
Kazmeistyr
User avatar
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Mon 10/Nov/08 3:07pm

iodi wrote:
j2hyde wrote:Would it more appropriate for me to like Holden if Jeremy Clarkson said they were good?

Clarkson tested a Torana and loved it. He called it primitive and unsophisticated, but loved the raw power.


Top Gear is like Playboy. It's good to gawk and have some fantasies, but there will be very few that will have the chance to actually take the "products" for a lap or two.

Clarkson is the Car industries Hefner.
Kazmeistyr
User avatar
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 10/Nov/08 3:31pm

Yeah, I'm over top gear. Good formula, but like all these things it gets old after a while.

I am however glad to hear Clarkson endorses subsidising crap cars. Krudd take note.
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Mon 10/Nov/08 3:43pm

j2hyde wrote: Yeah, I'm over top gear. Good formula, but like all these things it gets old after a while.

I am however glad to hear Clarkson endorses subsidising crap cars. Krudd take note.


I still :love: Top Gear tho...
Kazmeistyr
User avatar
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

100 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], TarenBar and 98 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit