20160910_175840.jpg

Wow :thumbsup:

You'd better chain it up 'cause it looks like it about to take off =}
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: Post Your Roadie Ride

Postby Tugboat on Mon 17/Oct/16 10:28pm

I might have bought myself a new training bike in the last couple of weeks. Finally retiring the 9 year old Speshy Tarmac.

Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 1/Dec/16 11:36am

Nice, Tugboat!

I'm also looking to replace my training bike, after 55,000 kms...

Seeking inspiration in nature as Farty doesn't appreciate black bikes anymore...

Green-Bugs-green-19937883-500-333.jpg

hmmm, green
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Rik on Thu 1/Dec/16 12:19pm

:love: Been a big fan of the black and lime combo since 1990
562079_314749091932758_1598174354_n.jpg
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 1/Dec/16 1:30pm

hmm, like the disc brakes...rest of it looks a bit much to pedal up hill!
Klarkash-ton

Postby 13daza on Thu 8/Dec/16 9:20pm

Nice I remember those at one time I lusted after my mates one but eventually I had a similar roadie in blue and white. We accidentally over took my (ex) missus one afternoon having a bit of fun on the way back from Waiwera (there may have been a wager for a box of beer) I must have been busy hanging off the side of the bike at the time because I didn't notice her car at all .When I eventually got home later on ,I swear you could hear the foot tapping as soon as I turned off the motor I got the whole me or the bike speech when I got inside .Sadly I overlooked a golden opportunity ,made the worst decision of my life and sold the bike to keep her happy .....
I did keep my old WD RG250 however which was much more fun since the motor was actually 375 cc and heavily modified, It was quite a bit faster than the RGV and the powerband was savage (kinda like a car crashing up the date of the bike) ,add in the woeful brakes and slightly better than standard suspension and it was a very adrenaline inducing ride indeed .

Nowadays I prefer to earn my thrills at a slightly more sedate (but perhaps more expensive) pace
13daza
Member for: 3 years 8 months

Postby 13daza on Thu 8/Dec/16 9:58pm

531152382.jpg
The young fella is almost big enough now for a "proper" roadie he had some money saved up since we were going to be doing a big road trip round the north island after Taupo the opportunity was there to pick up something from a little further afield ,we discussed a budget and sizes etc and he has been eyeing up Trade me etc looking at rides so a couple of weeks ago (just before Taupo) he tells me hes found a bike that he "has to buy" and its in his budget (ie the start price) the sizing was about right so we put in a bid of the princely sum of $250 and ignored the buy now of $600 ,since no one else bid he now has a styly Italian steed to ride in about four to six months at his current growth rate ,Jammy little bugger I had to make do with a healing 10 speed lol
13daza

Postby EoinC on Fri 9/Dec/16 1:06am

13daza wrote:...he now has a styly Italian steed to ride in about four to six months at his current growth rate ,Jammy little bugger I had to make do with a healing 10 speed lol

Good job. Our daughter had one the same as her first 700c road bike, and used it to win GC in her first Yunca Tour. She's long outgrown it now, but still has it.

Your lad is going to enjoy it all the more for the way he went in sourcing and purchasing it.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 9/Dec/16 11:36am

great bike, even better for the price!
Klarkash-ton

Postby wolffman1 on Fri 9/Dec/16 1:07pm

This sort of event sets him up badly for latter in life. If his first car isn't a bargain Alfa Romeo then he's peaked way too early
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"

Postby 13daza on Fri 9/Dec/16 11:11pm

wolffman1 wrote:This sort of event sets him up badly for latter in life. If his first car isn't a bargain Alfa Romeo then he's peaked way too early

He was drooling over a Cipollini and a couple of Pinarello's at one of the shops in Taupo, The wife took one look at the price tags and pretty much dragged us outta there by the ears ,I suspect he has a few future goals ahead of him
Hes shit outta luck with regards to cars his Dads a mechanic so he will probably end up with whatever $500 car I can tidy up for sweet FA of course Dad will need some assistance with the project ;)
13daza

Postby wolffman1 on Sat 10/Dec/16 2:01am

13daza wrote:
wolffman1 wrote:This sort of event sets him up badly for latter in life. If his first car isn't a bargain Alfa Romeo then he's peaked way too early

He was drooling over a Cipollini and a couple of Pinarello's at one of the shops in Taupo, The wife took one look at the price tags and pretty much dragged us outta there by the ears ,I suspect he has a few future goals ahead of him
Hes shit outta luck with regards to cars his Dads a mechanic so he will probably end up with whatever $500 car I can tidy up for sweet FA of course Dad will need some assistance with the project ;)

If dad's a mechanic, then he's the perfect candidate for an Alfa. You would never get another free weekend
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 16/Dec/16 4:23pm

So in line with the green with red as dictated with nature, and with the disc brakes as suggested by Rik here is the new training/commuter bike.
20161125_173821.jpg
Klarkash-ton

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 16/Dec/16 4:27pm

and here it is at the top of the Aka's on its inaugural ride, into a noxious headwind

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1476996085
20161209_182008.jpg
Klarkash-ton

Postby wolffman1 on Sat 17/Dec/16 2:27am

Nice
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"

Cycling | Post Your Bike | Road Cycling - Latest Posts