Re: Post Your Ride For 2010

Postby wuffy on Thu 16/Dec/10 10:18pm

Maestro is far smoother than FSR btw, ridden a Demo 7 and an 09 Glory. FSR is outdated, but it works. So, meh.

Would rather have a new Demo than a glory, purely because they look totally bad-ass. Saw a few of the new ones in Queenstown a few weeks ago. And they're super light too, probably about the same if not lighter than the new Glorys.

My only beef with the Glorys is how they ramp up so quickly. You get like half way through and it's not going much further. Feels far less than the 8.8 that the one I rode had.

If you want a decent warranty get a Transition, life time crash replacement, and defect replacement. All you've gotta do is pay shipping.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby glory_shreder08 on Thu 16/Dec/10 10:27pm

kona.stinky. wrote:
glory_shreder08 wrote:
There is a money to spec ratio, in which terms the Glory is superior, and then you have what matters more, which is how it rides, and how reliable it is, which is were the Demo is far better...
Yes the ride is a factor, but do specialized offer a life time warrenty on the WHOLE frame?

Have you read the warranty becomes void if you have crashed the bike? And unless you are super slow you will crash, so your warranty becomes void, so what does it matter? :eh:

Im affraid your wrong there. Giant will replace the frame whether you have crashed it or not, they check for signs that its been crashed in away that might crack the frame, but if they cant find anything like that then, taadaa, you have a new frame
glory_shreder08
"Bones heal, Chicks dig scars, and Glory lasts forever"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby herbman on Thu 16/Dec/10 10:48pm

shmoodiver wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:
glory_shreder08 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:
glory_shreder08 wrote:
Don't be like that. Maybe he just can't afford good bikes.
.....anything beats a giant

Fixxored.

Specialized kicks Giants ass. :hmmm:

Oh do they just?
Well lets see, 2011 Demo 8 II ($9950) vs 2011 Glory 00 ($7195)

Both have the same shock- DHX RC4,

The Glory has 40 RC2 FIT's, Demo has Boxxer WC, Its hard to say what one is best because each have their up's and down's

Glory has Saint All round, and I mean EVERYWHERE, deraillures, hubs, brakes, cranks, everthing, Demo has a mash up of X9 and x0,

Demo wheels are DT swiss F550s laced to specialized hubs, Glory has Ex500s laces to Saint hubs, Anyone one would go with Saint over self branded hubs,

So would you pay more for less??

Its a no brainer really,

There is a money to spec ratio, in which terms the Glory is superior, and then you have what matters more, which is how it rides, and how reliable it is, which is were the Demo is far better... :thumbsup:

are you really that clueless?

was after only one bite but i seem to have hooked on to 2, the fishing is good here tonight. :p
herbman
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 9/Apr/11 11:42am

Czech these bad boys out
bikeses 012.JPG
proflex animal
bikeses 013.JPG
'dale se1000 with 1" forks
bikeses 014.JPG
82 stumpy
bikeses 017.JPG
early 90's stumpy
bikeses 032.JPG
guess what this is....
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Sat 9/Apr/11 1:00pm

That Breezer is freaking cool, and the Stumpy is probably valuable! I like the HED wheels on the Animal too... :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Sat 9/Apr/11 1:03pm

If they haven't been ridden since last year than this is the correct place for them

HTH
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 9/Apr/11 1:04pm

yeah i has the forks for the breezer too, i has a 7 speed deore groupo that would go on it quite nice.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Oli on Sat 9/Apr/11 1:06pm

Cool!
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Sat 9/Apr/11 1:10pm

Very :love:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 9/Apr/11 3:01pm

Keen to sell the 90s stumpy? :love:
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby kimn on Tue 19/Jul/11 8:31am

2009 commencal meta 55
P1230287.JPG
kimn
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Postby thorg on Tue 19/Jul/11 9:17am

shmoodiver wrote:Czech these bad boys out
I want the animal.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 19/Jul/11 9:35am

sold to someone in the industry, don't remember who tho
shmoodiver

Postby thorg on Tue 19/Jul/11 10:05am

:(
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Downhill Racing | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking | Post Your Bike | Road Cycling | Trail Riding - Latest Posts