Re: Post Your Ride 2017

Postby wachtourak on Tue 6th Feb 11:14am

Yeahhhhhh an SB6 with more or less that build (nicer finishing kit, but same drivetrain etc) was almost double the price

Semi proprietary shit is annoying but whatever, Fox do make a DPX2 or a FLoat X2 to fit the slightly weird size shocks it takes if I decide I want something with more knobs

And we are doing double glazing on our house and need to buy a new car so hard to justify some boutique wonderbike when this goes just as hard
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 6th Feb 2:48pm

There's a positive fresh review of the shock over on NSMB, and I hear you can use normal stems with the block if you want.
More a comment on the standards mess encouraging the big guys to ignore compatibility in favour of complete systems. Fine for people who buy complete and replace fairly often, less good for tinkerers (like me) who prefer to build up then constantly switch parts for years.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby AgrAde on Fri 9th Feb 12:23pm

Not mine but just got this on clearance for the other half. For the price it was a no brainer. The thing is bloody nice! And the swat box is great.
IMG_20180206_154201~2.jpg
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 9th Feb 1:59pm

Nice, how's the Wu?
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby AgrAde on Fri 9th Feb 8:35pm

No Wu, thankfully.
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby foremannz on Sun 18th Mar 9:19pm

Heres the latest in my stable of bikes. I had issues with my Avanti Corsa ER1 frame, so my LBS got me a Scott frame and swapped my parts onto the new frame.
Current setup is a potential for this years Taupo solo - trying to unload weight off my back so I'm only carrying 3l fluids and a jacket in the camelbak.
IMG_1375-sm.jpg
foremannz
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby foremannz on Sun 18th Mar 9:56pm

Heres another bike I got recently - the gf and I are going to do some bike touring later this year, so I wanted something upright and comfortable, and I've always wanted a trailer :)
29261809_10155328155069599_6082094477671923712_o.jpg
foremannz
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts