Re: Post Your Ride 2017

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 30/Oct/17 8:02pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 30/Oct/17 9:47pm

That is a nasty indictment of internal routing.

And hilarious.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby scatter on Tue 31/Oct/17 3:53pm

New ride for the track season
22712579_10155316178284039_977377519060173894_o.jpg
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 2/Nov/17 3:19pm

Trying out the new Mattoc. If I was to buy, I'd definitely want the black one instead :lol:
MATTOC.jpg
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 2/Nov/17 3:31pm

AgrAde wrote:Trying out the new Mattoc. If I was to buy, I'd definitely want the black one instead :lol:

yeah! garish colour combos!!! needs moar brighter purple rimmage. or something, to balance the juxtapositionality
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 2/Nov/17 3:47pm

Pneumatic must be red.
Change bike colour scheme to clash / match.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby Conners on Thu 2/Nov/17 3:57pm

That reverse arch gives you so much more mudguard coverage.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 2/Nov/17 4:15pm

Yeah the mudguard looks like it's going to go well. Hopefully I find some to test it out but it's not looking promising with this weather.
AgrAde

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 2/Nov/17 6:36pm

Conners wrote:That reverse arch gives you so much more mudguard coverage.

Uhh... It's worse for the crap that gets flung forward for you to put your face in.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby AgrAde on Thu 2/Nov/17 10:01pm

The mattoc is pretty interesting. Feels more pike stiff than 36/lyrik stiff, hell of a lot better than the "other" 34mm stanchion Fox noodle fork. I think I'm going to get on pretty well with the air spring. Heaps of knobs on the damper but a good setup is easy to get to if you read the blurb.

Still need to fiddle, I'm currently fizzing about how stiff I can run it without destroying my hands. I should probably get off the DH tracks and soften it up a bit :paranoid:
AgrAde

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 21/Nov/17 10:44pm

Same bike.
Lighter cranks, half a OneUp guide, sorted out shoe / pedal situation excellently (one pin + height spacer, AM9), better saddle, and upgraded the rebound damper in the fork.
Really didn't know what I'd been missing up front - the newer damper pushes more oil to the comp unit, doesn't feel any less plush, but the control is off the chain.

Dropped the dropouts one notch, now 65.5°, might go back to 65 for shuttles etc, but better for general use now.

Still heavy as, that's not going to change. A few little upgrades still in mind (yes, along with shortening the hoses). It takes me a long time to dial in a bike. Maybe another year or so for this one...
IMG_20171121_210343.jpg
IMG_20171119_171552.jpg
IMG_20171117_103211.jpg
Velocipedestrian

Postby Rik on Wed 22/Nov/17 8:47am

What pedals are those?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 22/Nov/17 9:03am

DMR v-twin. Use standard spd cleats, plenty setup adjustment, much win so far.
IMG_20171127_132728.jpg
Velocipedestrian

Postby wachtourak on Tue 6th Feb 8:00am

It's 2018 now but whatever. Swapping the brakes for some Saints but that's about it for now. Riding an off the shelf bike feels weird. Dropper post is in some ways a piece of shit so when it dies will get something better.

Bit heavier than the Turner I think but rides light. Very stiff and holds a line like nothing else I've ridden. Absolutely destroys offcamber root sections.

Wheels are supposed to be made of cheese so will see if I turn them into octagons then get something crabon

wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 6th Feb 9:10am

That's not a SB6.

Cock block, bum shaft, press fit?
It's quite a change from the last one... Seems to be the way with the ever changing 'standards' - building from scratch isn't as simple as it used to be.

Bet it's a hooligan though.
Velocipedestrian

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts