Re: Post Your Ride 2015

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 25/Aug/15 5:42pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:You can get a 10mm spacer for the Marzocchi forks as well if you want to hit 545 a-c

Ooh, is that new? I'd heard / read people were making their own, but it sounded a bit of a faff.

So is that this unit?
Wideopen wrote:SPACER TRAVEL CHANGE 10-12 RRP $10.00

Wideopen - Marzocchi

It's not that part, that's a 20mm one, but last time I looked in the workshop we had some 10mm ones, maybe be your lbs to give wide open a call?
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 25/Aug/15 5:44pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:You can get a 10mm spacer for the Marzocchi forks as well if you want to hit 545 a-c

Noob question. Does this work inreverse? My NCR fork is 160mm. If I reduce the travel, does the ac distance reduce? I'd like that.
But it's probably easier to replace my riser bar with something flat.

If it's an NCR air fork then yes the 10mm travel spacer will reduce the a-c by 10mm but yes will fractionally steepen the head angle
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 31/Aug/15 10:45am

Astoria Paranoia wrote:The climb switch is really handy on the CCDBAir as it does the rebound circuit too.
What are your settings?
I'm only running 2 clicks more of LSR and LSC from the base tune on the CC site.
Just enough to keep the Bob away while keeping its awesome bottomless feel.

Got around to counting the clicks/turns the shock arrived set at, all from full open:
HSC 2.5 turns
LSC 12 clicks
HSR 1.75 turns
LSR 14 clicks

Compared to Base Tune:
HSC 2 turns
LSC 10 clicks
HSR 2 turns
LSR 14 clicks

Before writing these down I'd made one change - backing off the HSR a turn, giving 0.75 turns. Might take it back to Base Tune before doing any more fiddling... The faster HSR was heaps poppier (maybe a little much, but better than the way it arrived), and the idea that there's more plush available in the C circuits without getting silly is exciting.

It's tricky getting enough time to do repeat runs, I wonder how long till I feel like I've dialled it properly.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 1/Sep/15 4:23pm

Very close settings to mine.

As much as I'd like more pop I'm keeping mine slower as to reduce the chance of getting bucked OTB.

Haven't ridden mine in weeks.
Stupid spring moisteez :hmmm:
Last edited by Astoria Paranoia on Tue 1/Sep/15 4:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 1/Sep/15 4:36pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Very close settings to mine.

As much as I'd like more pop I'm keeping mine slower as to reduce the chance of getting bucked OTB.

Haven't ridding mine in weeks.

Moist is fun, I made a fender to keep it out of the pivots - tyre spray is way too direct for my liking.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 1/Sep/15 4:41pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:

Moist is fun, I made a fender to keep it out of the pivots - tyre spray is way too direct for my liking.

Moist does not mix with the clay and steep here.
No room for a rear fender on mine either.

:huh:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 1/Sep/15 4:54pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:

Moist does not mix with the clay and steep here.
No room for a rear fender on mine either.

:huh:

There's totes room for the fender I made - It will drop your tyre clearance by ~2mm.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 1/Sep/15 5:00pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:There's totes room for the fender I made - It will drop your tyre clearance by ~2mm.

So basically halve it.
No fanks.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 1/Sep/15 5:03pm

Ha! Maybe you need some 6fiddyBEEZ dropouts on thurrr.
Velocipedestrian

Postby mudguard on Tue 1/Sep/15 8:16pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:It's tricky getting enough time to do repeat runs, I wonder how long till I feel like I've dialled it properly.

I looked at some Cane Creek options. I'm not sure if I'm OCD or not, but I think if I had that many options I would never, ever leave it alone! I think the coil shock on mine has 3 HS, 6 LS and 6 rebound.
mudguard
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 1/Sep/15 8:22pm

mudguard wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:It's tricky getting enough time to do repeat runs, I wonder how long till I feel like I've dialled it properly.

I looked at some Cane Creek options. I'm not sure if I'm OCD or not, but I think if I had that many options I would never, ever leave it alone! I think the coil shock on mine has 3 HS, 6 LS and 6 rebound.

That's why they need a 3mm allen, to stop knob fiddlers getting their tune bent all out of shape.
Velocipedestrian

Postby mudguard on Tue 1/Sep/15 8:46pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:That's why they need a 3mm allen, to stop knob fiddlers getting their tune bent all out of shape.

I think I'd start writing my shock settings in vivid on the top tube. I would like to try a bike with one set up. The only person I knew with one did big huckz so it was like riding a rigid bike anyway.
mudguard
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 1/Sep/15 10:08pm

The Cane Creek forum has a bunch of base tunes for all sorts of bikes.
Set it to that then adjust your air pressure and it should work for the majority of riders.
Just a tweak for personal preference :thumbsup:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 6/Sep/15 1:29pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:Ha! Maybe you need some 6fiddyBEEZ dropouts on thurrr.

IMG_20150906_122659293 web.jpg

Yeah you might be right :blush:
A guard made OF mud is a mudguard right?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sun 6/Sep/15 2:34pm

Ha! I'm still keen to try a dropout swap if you want.
Wanna see how different they feel before dropping the coin or committing to a trade.

Happy to send mine down...
Velocipedestrian

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts