Re: Post Your Ride 2014

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 17/Dec/14 10:28pm

Is that a gen-you-wine UHF analogue television aerial leaning on a late 80's Familia hatch I spy in the corner?
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 18/Dec/14 7:37am

1500 sohc 4WD. The elder shmoo spawns hatch.... if she ever gets her license!
Last edited by shmoodiver on Thu 18/Dec/14 4:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 18/Dec/14 8:06am

shmoodiver wrote:1500 sohc 4WD. The elder shmoo spawns hatch.... if she ever gets her license!

aah 4WD one, thats why it has teh nicer looking bumper. What is it with alot of modern youth not wanting to get their licence in a hurry? I couldn't wait to get mine and most people I went to school with were the same
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby wachtourak on Thu 18/Dec/14 8:27am

Cuz they are just used to their parents being a taxi service for them

Back in my day we walked/rode bikes to school etc etc

I feel so fucking old, sheeeeeit
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 18/Dec/14 10:49am

I'm older than you, Wachy. Ran out a learners licence - who knew they expired after 10 years?
No desire to own a car, though I can see the value in knowing how to drive one/ being legally allowed to.
Velocipedestrian

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 18/Dec/14 8:47pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:I'm older than you, Wachy. Ran out a learners licence - who knew they expired after 10 years?
No desire to own a car, though I can see the value in knowing how to drive one/ being legally allowed to.

All modern NZ drivers licences only last 10 years, to get it renewed all one does in walk into licencing agency, hand over money, fill out form, do eyesight test.

I'm pretty sure that my original paper "full licence" was a life time one
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 18/Dec/14 9:58pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:I'm older than you, Wachy. Ran out a learners licence - who knew they expired after 10 years?

All modern NZ drivers licences only last 10 years, to get it renewed all one does in walk into licencing agency, hand over money, fill out form, do eyesight test.

Up to 70 years old I recall.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 18/Dec/14 10:51pm

pushbikerider wrote:

AFAIK my dad still carries his so he can intentionally be a shit to cops for a bit by rightfully pointing out that he has a lifetime licence :D
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 18/Dec/14 10:51pm

pushbikerider wrote:

Yeah, I know.
But when you fail to hand over money, fill out form, do eyesight test, you no longer have a valid learner license... And don't seem to give much of a shit.
Velocipedestrian

Postby RugbySucks on Thu 25/Dec/14 11:16am

Kona King Kahuna Scandium

1x10 fully ridgid at approx. 9.8 kg.

My Christmas morning ride, while the kids thrash the X-boxs linked up on Halo 3.
20141225_100335_Richtone(HDR)_resized.jpg
RugbySucks
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby RugbySucks on Thu 25/Dec/14 12:49pm

Dropper seat experience has now ruined me riding...

Every time I hop on something, I wonder to myself after the descent.. How much better would that have been with a dropper seat ?

Is funny though. Just been down Bull Run in Belmont, at a good rate on the maiden ride of the Ridgid King Kahuna, and my shoulders and arms get a hiding with no suspension, and I'm wondering how much better with a dropper seat. Not suspension...

I hope everyone has a good Christmas holiday. :D
RugbySucks
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts