Re: Post Your Pain

Postby ants06 on Mon 27/Apr/09 4:25pm

slowMTB - Thats just down right impressive :o

scatter - pelvis...just looks... well sickening !

worst Ive had was 2 cracked ribs , re-torn knee and KO,ed - decided to hit the tree next to the landing of a jump instead of the landing :blush:
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby scatter on Mon 27/Apr/09 4:30pm

ants06 wrote:scatter - pelvis...just looks... well sickening !

Naw, after it was fixed it was well improved.

It was the week between the accident and the surgery that was interesting. Everytime they moved me to change sheets/wash/relieve pressure, my pelvis would collapse in on itself (there's a fracture in my sacroliac joint that you can't see in that xray) :D
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby slowMTB on Mon 27/Apr/09 8:01pm

scatter wrote:

It was the week between the accident and the surgery that was interesting. Everytime they moved me to change sheets/wash/relieve pressure, my pelvis would collapse in on itself (there's a fracture in my sacroliac joint that you can't see in that xray) :D

:crazy: - that just makes me cringe.

Those X-rays with all the pins make me feel veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery ill ( were is the spew smilie? ).
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Il_Postino on Tue 31/Aug/10 3:20pm

Thought it'd be fun too dredge this up and share this:

DSC05109.jpg

DSC05113.jpg

Several stitched in- and outside of my mouth and the missing pieces of teeth are either lying somewhere on the Flying Nun or have made their way to the New Brighton Pipeline.... Not sure which.
Il_Postino
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby kona.stinky. on Tue 31/Aug/10 8:03pm

Uhm.... I don't have any photo's of my injuries.... mostly because they all involve concussion... I always land on my head.... but the main one was when I lost control and smashed my 661 carbon helmet into the edge of a cut down tree, punctured the helmet, and got heavy concussion....
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby bubbaa on Tue 31/Aug/10 8:07pm

scatter wrote:

ouch!
concrete evidence that HORSE RIDING IS BLOODY DANGEROUS!!
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby speeding_ant on Wed 16/Feb/11 8:51am

Finally got a digital copy of ma x-ray.
10-February-2011.jpg
speeding_ant
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby laworder on Wed 16/Feb/11 9:59am

No pretty pictures to post here, sorry :-)

Worst accident I have had cycling was going into a car windscreen a few years back. Coming through the Domain in Auckland cycling to work at night, this guy turns in front of me, and I went right over his bonnet and into his screen. I ended up with a fracture at the end of my collarbone, plus plenty of bruising and abrasions etc. Luckily I was wearing a helmet - it left a huge hole in his windscreen.

Driver was a young Korean student, who was extremely apologetic and distressed at the time. He took me straight to Auckland Hospital, and when they couldnt see me straight away, took me private and paid for it. Also bought me a new bike. He was a lot better about it than a lot of NZ drivers would have been. Along with the damage to his car (which was substantial), must have cost him a fair bit.

There was fault on his part, but he took responsibility for it (in a way a lot of NZer's wouldnt have), and as I discovered while talking to him while waiting at the public hospital there were some extenuating circumstances - the glasses he should have been wearing for driving got smashed when he was attacked by some subhuman streetkids in Albert Park a few days previously, one of many such attacks at that time. He kept in touch with me after the accident to make sure I was OK as well, he actually turned out to be a really nice guy.

I learnt from that experience, and now wear more visible clothing (I was wearing a dark jacket that night) and upgraded my bike lights amongst other things. Am also glad I was wearing a helmet, that probably saved my life. Cant understand people that dont...

Regards
Peter
laworder
Member for: 6 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Wed 16/Feb/11 10:09am

MattV wrote:Here a couple of pics from a few weeks ago when my armpit got skewered by a stick, leaving a two centimeter hole. Second pic was taken when they went out of the room, just after they stitched it up.

My first impression of that photo was that that was the crotch of a pair of undershorts what were covered with blood, and I was all :cry:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby sifter on Wed 16/Feb/11 11:06am

sorry about the tit...
Johncrash.jpg
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 16/Feb/11 3:56pm

not sure what you mean, sifter, are you apologising for the picture of a tit, or because it's not a picture of bigger tits?

Also I hope that's not recent (I assuming it's not!).
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby sifter on Wed 16/Feb/11 4:52pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:not sure what you mean, sifter, are you apologising for the picture of a tit, or because it's not a picture of bigger tits?

Also I hope that's not recent (I assuming it's not!).

Not recent, thankfully! 30/12/99...
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Joel on Wed 16/Feb/11 4:55pm

looking cut though..
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Climbing | Cycling | Multisport | Running | Tramping - Latest Posts