Re: A Possible Move To Wellington

Postby dyl on Tue 19/Jun/12 1:05pm

Pretty sure the Tawa schools are good and the college is excellent. hard to get into if you live outside Tawa. Like someone said Eastside of Tawa is better, West can be bit damp and loses sun real early. Good bakery in Tawa!
dyl
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Tue 19/Jun/12 1:38pm

isnt the east side all motorway? or at least themotorway runs along the east side??
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 19/Jun/12 1:52pm

along woodman Drive. It's not the end of the world living elsewhere in Tawa.

FYI Directly opposite Tawa College there is a walkway under the mway.

There are commercial yards in the Grenada north area and there are even houses up there too. A bit rougher than Tawa though but OK
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 20/Jun/12 9:03am

And on a XC racing front has wellington go a winter night racing series like we have in chch? if not why not?????
one of the things i will miss about chch.
RHR_Rob

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Wed 20/Jun/12 9:17am

RHR_Rob wrote:And on a XC racing front has wellington go a winter night racing series like we have in chch? if not why not?????

From memory there were several races scheduled over winter (more Short Course than XC). It seems a heap of riders in Welly prefer to ride for fun rather than just racing - perhaps the proximity and diversity of the trails here lends itself more to that attitude.

There are CX races relatively regularly (every fortnight through June - September I think), as well as a five-round club XC/trail series from August - November.
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Postby cruiser on Wed 20/Jun/12 9:52am

what he said, there are night ride social groups in wgtn and room for more to be established

RHR_Rob wrote:And on a XC racing front has wellington go a winter night racing series like we have in chch? if not why not?????

the local mtb club PNP trialled a short night race series 4 nights first time this year. Was a low-key affair with 30-60 riders and a free BBQ afterwards. All done, but I'm sure it'll run again next year and should be improved.

email mtb@pnp.org.nz and ask to be added to the spam list
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 20/Jun/12 10:12am

bit of a money spinner down here 120-160 riders @ $15 a go $1800 - 2400 for a nights work!
only 4-5 people run it, minimal track marking and i guess a few $$$ to the council, few spot prizes from local shop but maybe only 50% bother to stay for spotties.
RHR_Rob

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Wed 20/Jun/12 10:49am

RHR_Rob wrote:bit of a money spinner down here 120-160 riders @ $15 a go $1800 - 2400 for a nights work!
only 4-5 people run it, minimal track marking and i guess a few $$$ to the council, few spot prizes from local shop but maybe only 50% bother to stay for spotties.

Sounds lucrative, maybe you should start a series.
Dr. Fuentes

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 20/Jun/12 10:59am

I would but i would want to race and i am not realy into race organising - but there must be someone in Welly who is :-)
flatish course with average race time of say 50mins, fast and furious lung burning session.
RHR_Rob

Postby thelivo on Wed 20/Jun/12 11:48am

RHR_Rob wrote:flatish course

See now thats the problem right there.
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 20/Jun/12 12:00pm

thelivo wrote:
RHR_Rob wrote:flatish course

See now thats the problem right there.

Yes i thought that might be an issue :-) thats why i said flat ISH
RHR_Rob

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Wed 20/Jun/12 12:21pm

RHR_Rob wrote:I would but i would want to race and i am not realy into race organising - but there must be someone in Welly who is :-)
flatish course with average race time of say 50mins, fast and furious lung burning session.

Sounds like you've got the bones for a RFP. :thumbsup:
Dr. Fuentes

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 20/Jun/12 12:26pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:
RHR_Rob wrote:I would but i would want to race and i am not realy into race organising - but there must be someone in Welly who is :-)

Sounds like you've got the bones for a RFP. :thumbsup:

RFP????? (racey fast person?)
RHR_Rob

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 20/Jun/12 1:21pm

RFP = contractor speak for request for proposals. Information sent to possible interested parties seeking proposals including experience, expertise, timeframes and quotes etc. Usually a little less defined than a RFQ (request for quotes)
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Conners on Wed 20/Jun/12 1:22pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:RFP = contractor speak for request for proposals. Information sent to possible interested parties seeking proposals including experience, expertise, timeframes and quotes etc. Usually a little less defined than a RFQ (request for quotes)

or perhaps he meant a Real Fucking Problem?
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Tramping - Latest Posts