Port Hills

Postby maddogbob on Tue 13th Mar 1:48pm

Hi All

in Chch tomorrow to friday, can someone give me directions for a good 1.5hr loop in the hills, ride a fuel ex not afraid of climbing and not afraid of the gnar
maddogbob
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Port Hills

Postby Rik on Tue 13th Mar 3:00pm

Christchurch Adventure Park

Uphill up, then take your pick of the amount of gnar you feel like on the way down.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 14th Mar 12:58pm

meh on the park.
Head out to Sumner. Ride up Captain Thomas, then up Summit Rd to Broadleaf Lane, ride to top of this, turn left and head down the track by the tower, all the way back down to Evans Pass. From here, head out Godley Head track (above the road) to the end. Then from Breeze Col, down Anaconda, and either ride back over to Sumner via Scarborough, or ride back up Anaconda, back up Godley track and back down Captain Thomas. or any combination of these...

(bunch of other trails all around this area, but i cant describe them easily, so have provided description via landmarks.)
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Wed 14th Mar 1:48pm

Park at the Adventure park. Roadie around the bottom of the hills to Rapaki, up there then turn right over Mt Vernon/traverse/thompsons, up past the kiwi to top of Marleys then either turn right for Nun/Old Dyers/Loess or down bodybag into the park proper. That will give you a hill, some cruisy XC and if needed some gnar to finish with the added bonus of beer and nuggs at the bottom !
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 15th Mar 10:24pm

I'd contend that beer and nuggs would be better got from Twisted Hop, if having ridden my suggestion, or Moon Under Water if ridden yours... ☺️
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 15th Mar 11:11pm

Apart from there are no nuggs at Twisted Hop.

MUW FTW!
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 16th Mar 3:44pm

yah, nuggs aren't really my thing, but the beer battered chips at Twisted Hop are pretty damned fine...

but yes, MUW FTW indeeed.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts