Re: Port Hills Road Leaderboard 2016/17

Postby fraew on Tue 6/Dec/16 4:33am

Unfortunately my roadie is an old school 53/39 cranks so the lowest I can go is 39 - 28... Merlewood and Maffeys are a bit of a grind in that!
fraew
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 4 months

New Leaderboard Time Posted

Postby fraew on Mon 13th Feb 11:10am

I just rode

Dyers Pass Road in 00:15:37
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby fraew on Mon 13th Feb 11:12am

I just rode

Govners-Dyers in 00:12:36
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby fraew on Fri 24th Feb 11:45am

Woah whats with the auto-posting my results as a comment? That's weird!
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby Rik on Mon 27th Feb 8:36am

fraew wrote:Woah whats with the auto-posting my results as a comment? That's weird!

Pretty cool huh?

By doing this, it allows everyone who's subscribed to this leaderboard know a new time has been posted. So they may or may not choose to retaliate.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby Rik on Sun 5th Mar 8:06pm

I just rode

Dyers Pass Road via Hackthorne in 00:24:04

And I saw XCGuy has been putting up some times this weekend. Trying to get up onto the top table perhaps? :satan:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby fraew on Thu 16th Mar 9:23am

I just rode

The B*stard in 00:14:47

.. just missed off pipping my Dyer's Pass time too - came up as 15:38 on uploading to Vorb (15:43 in Strava). Btw I've had a wee conversation with XCGuy about the difference between our Strava times and the Vorb leaderboards - Craig was concerned my Vorb times for the Sadistic climbing challenge seemed to be quite a bit faster than the Strava time (which is true). Seems like most of the Vorb segments are slightly shorter than the Strava equivalent? Is that right Rik?
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby Rik on Fri 17th Mar 11:11am

I've never actually compared my times with Strava. But I can well believe that we have not replicated Strava's algorithm exactly (because that's their IP)

I had loads of conversations about this with mfw back when we where developing this. And its a bit of a minefield, but if you can send me an example I can look into it for you (and everyone else's benefit). All I need is the GPX file and the time that strava thinks you did.
Rik

Postby fraew on Fri 17th Mar 5:25pm

I just rode

Dyers Pass Road in 00:15:26

Warm up there this evening!
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby fraew on Fri 17th Mar 5:35pm

Rik wrote:I've never actually compared my times with Strava. But I can well believe that we have not replicated Strava's algorithm exactly (because that's their IP)

I had loads of conversations about this with mfw back when we where developing this. And its a bit of a minefield, but if you can send me an example I can look into it for you (and everyone else's benefit). All I need is the GPX file and the time that strava thinks you did.

Biggest one is Glenstrae - Strava has me as 3:37 and Vorb has me at 3:20

Here's the GPX file: http://thebigcity.co.nz/photodump/5_steepies_on_a_rest_day.gpx

And here's the Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/792910426
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby Rik on Wed 22nd Mar 9:21pm

Thanks for that.

It looks like I've pinned the finish line a bit closer to Gazelle lane. Strava seems to have it mid wayish between Gazelle lane and Glendevere terrace. The problem is I've (long list of wimpish excuses) never actually been to the top of any of these climbs to know where the actual top is!
Rik

Cycling | Leaderboards - Latest Posts