Re: Port Hills Road Leaderboard 2013/14 - Now With Prizes

Postby BruceS212 on Sun 8/Dec/13 3:54pm

I don't mind being last, probably the oldest on the Leaderboard, age should be factored into the equation for points, get NZSuper in couple of years, lol

P.S. My best ever time on Kiwi was way back on 11 Mar 1980 - 0:16:43 with a very light southerly, giving me a Bottom-2-Bottom (i.e. for you young ones "Short Bays" Colombo-2-Van Ash College) of 0:48:29 on a 12spd, 42/54 driving straight 13-18 steel frame "Falcon". I used 42/16 to the Takahe then 42/15 rest of way to Lyttelton Cop Shop, back to 42/16 to above coal storage, then again up to 42/15 to top. Always free wheeled for practice because if we had company we would wait at top of all climbs and have free wheel races to the bottoms, Blair Stockwell was the master of these (or maddest).
BruceS212
Member for: 3 years 10 months

Postby murphyflair on Mon 9/Dec/13 7:40pm

Had a hard we burn up Kennedy's Bush!
That climb is so much harder than it seems.
murphyflair
User avatarMedal
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby Rik on Sun 22/Dec/13 3:35pm

What totally brilliant riding to be had out there today. Beautiful sunny skies and a refreshing cool breeze.

I'm not sure that putting 65Ks into the legs was the best prep for a good time up Governors, but the bay was just too beautiful to not enjoy it, all the way from Gebbies to Lyttleton and back to Governors bay. :love:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby noel_whiteside on Mon 23/Dec/13 7:18am

It was stunning yesterday. Improved my time to the Kiwi. We took the ferry from Lyttelton to Diamond Harbour. Was planning on ridding the Bastard on the way home, but I was far to burnt by then so took the easy way and had a flat ride home.
noel_whiteside
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Tue 24/Dec/13 9:09pm

Quick blast up Kenedys to celebrate the start of the holidays. Just ripped 1:40 off my previous time. Woohoo
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby noel_whiteside on Tue 31/Dec/13 1:32pm

I should have more time off work. Got another couple of times this morning.
noel_whiteside
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby fraew on Wed 1/Jan/14 5:30pm

I'm coming back from a head injury, but decided to complete the pack today, putting in a good (just scraping in a current KOM) time for Mt Pleasant and pretty good (30 secs off the pace) time on Dyers/Worsleys.

Now just gotta improve my Kennedys Bush and Major Aitken times I reckon.
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby murphyflair on Wed 15/Jan/14 9:46pm

Had a go up the Bastard, was quite a strong easterly headwind though. That climb feels like it doesn't end!

I managed to make it up Sumner--> Pleasant in 19:30 the other day, but was with a easterly so it was most likely a tail wind.
murphyflair
User avatarMedal

Postby kiwip on Sat 1/Feb/14 11:14pm

Right, completed last climb today, no fancy 60kg climber times here, in fact i'm pretty sure the Mount Pleasant time is on a mountain bike, but somewhere to start from none the less.
Hopefully we get another few days of summer in Chch and I can get around them all again.
Had a nudge at Kinloch Road the other week, its just plain evil. 59:00 on that one, not including a banana stop.....
kiwip
Member for: 3 years 10 months

Postby Rik on Sun 9/Feb/14 2:16pm

FINALLY! Got my last time in to get a seat on the top table.

If I'm being honest, I probably got a little push from the wind up the B*stard, but it was only a little push.
Rik

Postby ChumlyPogward on Sun 9/Feb/14 10:56pm

You mean that howling southerly?

:sly:
ChumlyPogward
Member for: 6 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Sun 9/Feb/14 11:17pm

ChumlyPogward wrote:You mean that howling southerly?

:sly:

I wish it was howling, then I wouldn't have been so freaking shattered at the top after it had wafted me to the top as if aboard my 600cc Yamaha
Rik

Postby fraew on Wed 12/Feb/14 3:23pm

Reckon I need to improve a few of my times if I'm going to hold off MurphyFlair, especially Mt Pleasant...
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby murphyflair on Thu 13/Feb/14 10:03pm

Looks like this might be heating up. You lost a lot of time there fraew.
murphyflair
User avatarMedal

Postby fraew on Mon 17/Feb/14 9:53pm

I'm finally getting back to full strength so I've been setting some good times lately. Gotta improve the Hackthorne to Worsley and Halswell times...
fraew
User avatarMedal

Cycling | Leaderboards | Road Cycling - Latest Posts