Re: Port Hills Road Leaderboard 2013/14 - Now With Prizes

Postby Rik on Tue 8/Oct/13 8:51am

Wow thats a tiny weight figure, including bike :cry: . Not applicable you, but I was playing around with the calcs. Its terrifying, with the same power output, how much time you can shave off a climb IF you can shed say 5kg.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby murphyflair on Fri 11/Oct/13 3:26pm

Do other people find that all the segments don't get recognised, or is it just me?
murphyflair
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby malcs on Fri 11/Oct/13 3:50pm

re visited my weakest climb. was just under 19min at the kiwi, but managed to keep going up to Worsley's this time.
malcs
"if you don't puke, you're not trying hard enough"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby harryjohnbrouwer on Sat 12/Oct/13 5:10pm

Some one famous once said "Ride up grades don't buy upgrades" You guys must have taken that to heart. I will be try ing some of these soon, awesome. :)
harryjohnbrouwer
Member for: 5 years 11 months

Postby malcs on Sat 12/Oct/13 8:50pm

harryjohnbrouwer wrote:Some one famous once said "Ride up grades don't buy upgrades" You guys must have taken that to heart. I will be try ing some of these soon, awesome. :)

Ha ha love it! I'm sorry to disappoint you harryjohnbrouwer but my bike has had a few upgrades in it's day...
IMG_0267.jpg
malcs

Postby Claude on Sun 13/Oct/13 7:20pm

Mt Pleasant today early morning before the wind come up, and also put in my time I did last weekend on Evans-Mt Pleasant on a calm morning.

Nice old Peugeot Malcs. My first road bike was one of the white model, an oldie but a goodie.
Claude
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Rik on Sun 20/Oct/13 4:17pm

Ooh Look at that. I just shaved 12 seconds off my Dyers time. With gains like that, you people above me should be very afraid ;)

There where so many people out riding today. Flying Nun was a conveyor belt of people cruising up and bombing down. Fantastic conditions.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby Masi on Sun 20/Oct/13 7:40pm

Thought I should post some times, never really thought I would be competing on this board but I'm training for Taupo and with the help of a new bike I'm actually enjoying this road riding thing.

Shane
Masi
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Trees on Sat 2/Nov/13 8:56pm

Finally made it back to ride Governors-Dyers climb this avo without aiming for all climbs in one ride.

Now I'll have to start heading back round to try shave a few minutes (or seconds) off all of them :sly:
Trees
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Claude on Wed 20/Nov/13 1:00pm

GB-Dyers time added - I hate that climb!
Claude
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby malcs on Fri 22/Nov/13 8:00pm

Bam! knocked off the top! might have to get the roadie out again! Well done mtbsurveyor! Big improvement for sumner to mt p! Scary...
malcs

Postby mtbsurveyor on Mon 25/Nov/13 10:17am

Hey Malcs,
Legs failed me in recent MTB race, so just been doing a couple of sub-hour rides lately hoping to come right. Decided to target the climb where I thought I could improve the most, but keep the ride short - and had to drop the MTB off at the bike shop at Woolston so took the opportunity to throw the roadie on the roof and drive up Mt Pleasant (felt so wrong!) but definitely helped me maintain a steady effort up the climb after biking down the hill for a warmup. Felt even more wrong driving back down to work after that! I doubt I'll ever do that again. Roadie won't see the light of day too much now either - Craigieburn trails are calling!
mtbsurveyor
Member for: 6 years 1 month

Postby Kev on Tue 26/Nov/13 7:50am

mtbsurveyor wrote:... took the opportunity to throw the roadie on the roof and drive up Mt Pleasant (felt so wrong!) but definitely helped me maintain a steady effort up the climb after biking down the hill for a warmup...

Unless you did the climb 20 times and posted your best time, this sounds like a clear violation of Rule #55 :)
Kev
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby fraew on Tue 3/Dec/13 4:12pm

Hey so, haven't actually posted a fast Major Aiken time or Mount Pleasant, but I'm looking pretty good so far... All of these would have been either on my current Jamis 2012 Team Edition with Dura-Ace Di2 and (standard) Mavic Ksyrium Wheels, or my now-wrecked Jamis Xenith Pro 2011 - SRAM Force and the same wheels.
fraew
User avatarMedal

Postby murphyflair on Fri 6/Dec/13 6:08pm

Thought I'd give the combined Dyers/Worsleys a go. Jesus that's hard work to keep going after SOK when you've done an effort!
murphyflair
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Cycling | Leaderboards | Road Cycling - Latest Posts