Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby Tinkerbell on Thu 22/Jan/15 6:08pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:20 runs in a day of shuttling up and down the hills in the cars was doable a few years back during summer if you started early enough

And if you didn't faff around, or get any punchers, or have to go to A&E too many times... :eh:


Guess you were riding with Butch then
Tinkerbell
User avatar
"I am smiling"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 22/Jan/15 6:32pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote:20 runs in a day of shuttling up and down the hills in the cars was doable a few years back during summer if you started early enough

And if you didn't faff around, or get any punchers, or have to go to A&E too many times... :eh:


Guess you were riding with Butch then

Angry Butch! Faffing is the enemy of shuttlz efficiency. A good mate whoshall remain nameless was capable of needing to do almost a full service between runz "just need to tweak the derailleur! ". Or losing his helmet in a carpark. Or needing to stop and chat to everyone we met on the trails.
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby Rik on Fri 23/Jan/15 12:26pm

Wobbler wrote:
danose wrote:
Wobbler wrote:chairlift needs to be quiet


people worried about impacts to the natural landscape when they've already planted a whopping great pine forest and then followed it up with a vineyard :crazy:


yeah but pine trees are native!!11 (lol)


I wonder what the conditions for the consent are (opening hours/roading whatnot) the ccc site does not seem to have been updated yet



They updated the site now.

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/have ... itions.pdf

Nothing much in there, but NO LIVE :music: allowed
Rik
User avatar
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby scatter on Fri 23/Jan/15 12:45pm

Rik wrote:Would you go to Christchurch if UCI hosted a DH round in 2017?: Hell yeah

Highly unlikely. Not enough elevation.
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby RJD on Fri 23/Jan/15 1:33pm

Marleys hill is 500m, down to about 50m at the base, how much is needed?
RJD
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby danose on Fri 23/Jan/15 1:41pm

RJD wrote:Marleys hill is 500m, down to about 50m at the base, how much is needed?


Val Di Sole is 600m drop (1400m to 800m)
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby Rik on Fri 23/Jan/15 1:47pm

RJD wrote:Marleys hill is 500m, down to about 50m at the base, how much is needed?


Plus a 5 metre high start ramp. Run it down to sea level with a bit of Urban DH, that makes 555m same as Fort William.
Rik
User avatar
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby scatter on Fri 23/Jan/15 1:53pm

Rik wrote:
RJD wrote:Marleys hill is 500m, down to about 50m at the base, how much is needed?


Plus a 5 metre high start ramp. Run it down to sea level with a bit of Urban DH, that makes 555m same as Fort William.


Which sea level are you going for? :D
The very very top of Marleys Hill is 460m. The base station for the chairlift is at 50/60m.

Pietermartizburg has a drop of 405m........
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby RJD on Fri 23/Jan/15 1:58pm

Image
RJD
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby Rik on Fri 23/Jan/15 2:00pm

scatter wrote:Which sea level are you going for? :D
The very very top of Marleys Hill is 460m. The base station for the chairlift is at 50/60m.

Pietermartizburg has a drop of 405m........



Hang on a minute, weren't you arguing against this a couple posts ago :p No one told me you where allowed to change your opinion on the internet
Rik
User avatar
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby scatter on Fri 23/Jan/15 2:12pm

Rik wrote:
scatter wrote:Which sea level are you going for? :D
The very very top of Marleys Hill is 460m. The base station for the chairlift is at 50/60m.

Pietermartizburg has a drop of 405m........



Hang on a minute, weren't you arguing against this a couple posts ago :p No one told me you where allowed to change your opinion on the internet


My point is that no one really likes PMB as a DH track?
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby Wobbler on Fri 23/Jan/15 2:34pm

scatter wrote:
Rik wrote:
scatter wrote:Which sea level are you going for? :D
The very very top of Marleys Hill is 460m. The base station for the chairlift is at 50/60m.

Pietermartizburg has a drop of 405m........



Hang on a minute, weren't you arguing against this a couple posts ago :p No one told me you where allowed to change your opinion on the internet


My point is that no one really likes PMB as a DH track?


Yeah but people liking the track and the uci using it for DH rounds are very different things
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby scatter on Fri 23/Jan/15 2:43pm

Wobbler wrote:
scatter wrote:
Rik wrote:
scatter wrote:Which sea level are you going for? :D
The very very top of Marleys Hill is 460m. The base station for the chairlift is at 50/60m.

Pietermartizburg has a drop of 405m........



Hang on a minute, weren't you arguing against this a couple posts ago :p No one told me you where allowed to change your opinion on the internet


My point is that no one really likes PMB as a DH track?


Yeah but people liking the track and the uci using it for DH rounds are very different things


Yeah well, the UCI are a pack of mongtards.......
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby Kev on Fri 23/Jan/15 2:48pm

Wobbler wrote:
scatter wrote:
Rik wrote:
scatter wrote:Which sea level are you going for? :D
The very very top of Marleys Hill is 460m. The base station for the chairlift is at 50/60m.

Pietermartizburg has a drop of 405m........



Hang on a minute, weren't you arguing against this a couple posts ago :p No one told me you where allowed to change your opinion on the internet


My point is that no one really likes PMB as a DH track?


Yeah but people liking the track and the uci using it for DH rounds are very different things


But we are arguing about scatters attendence at said UCI DH round in Christchurch.
and we have mathematically shown that scatter would not attend events in either pietermaritzburg or Christchurch due to insufficient elevation
Kev
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Port Hills Bike Park

Postby scatter on Fri 23/Jan/15 2:56pm

:D
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions - Latest Posts

Who is online

57 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 56 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle