Police Seek Attacker In Christchurch Who Fled On A Bike

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Wed 3/Jun/09 8:04pm

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release.html?id=5152 wrote:WOMAN ALLEGEDLY STRANGLED - ATTACKER SOUGHT
New Zealand Police Canterbury News Release
3:23pm 3 June 2009
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A woman who was allegedly strangled by an unknown offender was badly shaken but has managed to give Police a very good description.

At about 9pm on Friday 29 May 2009, a prostitute was knocked to the ground and strangled by an unknown offender. This occurred on the river bank near the Rotunda restaurant on Cambridge Terrace. He left when she started screaming and made no attempt to take her bag or belongings.

She has described him as;

Male, Caucasian, 19-25yrs, approx 5'7" tall, clean shaven, solid muscular build, said he was quite good looking.

He was wearing a distinctive blue woollen hat with ear flaps, and a grey polyprop top under a high Vis t-shirt.

He was riding an adult sized mountain bike with the seat pole quite low but was not wearing a helmet. She stated that he could have been intoxicated by the way he rode this bike.

Constable Daniel Overend asks anyone who recognizes the sketch or description to contact him please.

Constable Daniel Overend, phone 363 7741
5152-Overend,-attacker.jpg
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Police Seek Attacker In Christchurch Who Fled On A Bike

Postby snr_merv on Wed 3/Jun/09 9:36pm

Holy crap, I had dinner that night at that restaurant (the band rotunda thing, aka 'Retour') and I didn't see or hear anything :crazy: Even scrarier considering my girlfriend is a waitress there, and I biked there that night too :blink:
snr_merv
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Wed 3/Jun/09 9:40pm

You're safe Vaughan.
They said he was quite good looking.

:)
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Wed 3/Jun/09 9:50pm

pwn3d
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby snr_merv on Wed 3/Jun/09 11:11pm

Also not many would describe me as muscular :D
snr_merv
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Thu 4/Jun/09 12:47pm

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:
http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release.html?id=5152 wrote:WOMAN ALLEGEDLY STRANGLED - ATTACKER SOUGHT
New Zealand Police Canterbury News Release
3:23pm 3 June 2009
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A woman who was allegedly strangled by an unknown offender was badly shaken but has managed to give Police a very good description.

At about 9pm on Friday 29 May 2009, a prostitute was knocked to the ground and strangled by an unknown offender. This occurred on the river bank near the Rotunda restaurant on Cambridge Terrace. He left when she started screaming and made no attempt to take her bag or belongings.

She has described him as;

Male, Caucasian, 19-25yrs, approx 5'7" tall, clean shaven, solid muscular build, said he was quite good looking.

He was wearing a distinctive blue woollen hat with ear flaps, and a grey polyprop top under a high Vis t-shirt.

He was riding an adult sized mountain bike with the seat pole quite low but was not wearing a helmet. She stated that he could have been intoxicated by the way he rode this bike.

Constable Daniel Overend asks anyone who recognizes the sketch or description to contact him please.

Constable Daniel Overend, phone 363 7741

'She stated that he could have been intoxicated by the way he rode this bike' there were quite a few of those at B/Lake last night :o .
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby big_daddy_jj on Thu 4/Jun/09 5:35pm

Convenient how the attack happened next to the avon :sneaky:
big_daddy_jj
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby mitch7 on Thu 4/Jun/09 7:55pm

tama?
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Tama on Fri 5/Jun/09 7:12am

mitch7 wrote:tama?

I'm not a shorty or clean shaven :)

Though I am quite good looking :cool:

Good alibi too: off-lake-tekapo-t96553-30.html#p2091716 :thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby sicko on Fri 5/Jun/09 6:37pm

Nigel from Fenton? he's a dick
sicko
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Crime | Cycling | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts