Re: Police Issuing Fines At Wellington Bus Depot This Morning

Postby businesstime on Sat 18/Apr/09 1:26pm

Simon_K wrote:
disoriented wrote:
businesstime wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:or the fact that I spent 8 year of couriering in welly. Any time the filth set up op's for anything, everyone knew about it as soon as the first rider got done.......I mean rode past fully legally

Couriers are a bunch of twats that wouldnt know what the fuck was going on and are some of the worst offenders not just on their bikes but in their vans. Just becuase they drove/rode past on the odd occassion dosnt make them suddenly know know everything about what everyones doing and who and who isnt getting ticketed.

Shit my bad. Hope you have heard of a thing called an R/t, gives knowlegde to all that r in the know.

Exactly ;)
30 odd pairs of eyes and ears actually do help us know whats going on. Speed camera vans, cops with pop guns parked on the side of the motorway, intersection clampdowns, armed offender callouts, car chases, fire drills(or actual fires)...the list goes on.

So feel free to eat a dick.

30 odd pairs of eyes and ears but no brains.
businesstime
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby UnimatrixZero on Sat 18/Apr/09 2:28pm

wachtourak wrote:As far as I'm aware

BUS LANE = Buses and Bikes
BUSES ONLY = As it says

??

I haven't actually looked at what the ones coming down the Aro Valley from Karori are, but I ride in them all the time lol

Yeah I ride in them too - but I've received odd looks from a few drivers so thought I'd check.
UnimatrixZero
"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby allets on Thu 23/Apr/09 10:42pm

I have had a look at the lambton quay entrance to the bus depot and have found that there is not any no entry road signs displayed. The only displayed signs are on the mulgrave st entrance to the depot. The police were stopping people at the mulgrave st end of the depot who had mostly entered from Lambton quay.

There are road markings stating buses only within the lane which enters the depot from lambton quay, no signs! If our offence was failing to comply with a No Entry sign and in fact there is not a sign displayed then surely this is fair game to dispute the offence?

Any thoughts on this?
allets
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby SlackBoy on Thu 23/Apr/09 10:58pm

sign on the road is same as on a post. And it says buses only. That means in teh eyes of the law, and the MAN, only buses shall enter, all else, go get fucked
SlackBoy
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Postby sifter on Fri 24/Apr/09 8:09am

same again this morning apparently...
sifter
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby pissface on Fri 24/Apr/09 9:16am

allets wrote:There are road markings stating buses only within the lane which enters the depot from lambton quay, no signs! If our offence was failing to comply with a No Entry sign and in fact there is not a sign displayed then surely this is fair game to dispute the offence?

Any thoughts on this?
why would you bother? fuck, this is the same as all those tards poaching illegal MTB tracks with signs at the top of them, chortling to each other with lame jokes about how the sign shows someone on a road bike and they are on mountain bikes, or "what sign?" excuses.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Fri 24/Apr/09 10:44am

Yea i saw them out there this morning.

Personally i dont go through there when i commute to the hutt , it can be a little dodgy as you can never really tell if the drivers are gonna see you.

Im pretty sure you'll find the drivers arnt that keen on the idea of accidiently knocking a cyclist of their bike. it would be pretty easy for a driver to look not see a cyclist, then pull out only to find a high speed cyclist on collission course, and you know the driver is gonna get some blame or have to deal with some guilt if blood is shed.
just take some time to think about the drivers point of view and i think you will find it all makes sense.
Its been sign posted for a reason its because its a dangerious area, not to be inconvieniant.
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby Jono on Fri 24/Apr/09 10:59am

Plus it's easy enough to swing from lambton quay across onto thorndon quay; it's not like it takes any more time.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Postby Rota_Watt on Fri 24/Apr/09 11:06am

that was like me not soo long ago going around Aotea Lagoon in Porirua i was only going straight through but i got stoped and got told to get off my bike and fined $75 for apparently endangering other people which is like WTF i was even wearing my fullface soo not like i was breaking any rules and plus hundreds of other people bike around that place they are just fining as much people as they can to make there pay check better
Rota_Watt
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 24/Apr/09 11:16am

I stopped reading your post after the first 'like'. Am I the only one?
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby PenguinJam on Fri 24/Apr/09 1:15pm

I got stopped this morning by a police officers at the entrance/exit to the bus depot after doing my highly illegal right hand turn against the sign telling me not to do it into the bunny street extn past vic uni ($150 fine?).

Naturally I stopped (glasses off) admitted my crime agreed to show my ID as requested. Striptease ensues - high vis off, gloves off, camelback off, wallet out of plastic bag, ID found. I explained why I commited the crime and asked where a safer route was from Thorndon Quay to the Terrace. Turning there is illegal and 'unsafe' according to the officer who I'm guessing has not made hundreds of turns there and didn't propose a practical safer route. It's probably unsafe to turn in the evening, but not in the morning. Nevertheless it's illegal and a fine example of road/route not designed with all vehicles in mind.

The upshot is I got a warning - lucky me (ID back in wallet... high vis on). I consider myself a safe rider not a saint, they're all dead and I don't want to join them. If I get ticketed for something I do riding my bike I'll turn it over and follow the instructions carefully...
PenguinJam
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby pissface on Fri 24/Apr/09 1:38pm

Mike_the_Hippy wrote:just take some time to think about the drivers point of view and i think you will find it all makes sense.
Its been sign posted for a reason its because its a dangerious area, not to be inconvieniant.

yeah, considering how the drivers get so much shit because they are struggling to meet tight timetables, I am sure they are concentrating on getting moving and manouevered as efficiently as possible, and shuffling buses around is a fairly tricky job, they are high up in the drivers seat watching the other buses, you can't expect them to be looking down at the ground for cyclists who aren't even supposed to be there, especially when it is early morning busy time.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Elcaro on Tue 1/Apr/14 5:10pm

Not been on vorb for a long time but ahh, how to revive an old thread.

Anyone notice how the bus drivers use this as their personal carparkand go into the area on a daily basis. Now, i don't know about you, but i wouldn;'t know how to get a car in that area without driving through those no-entry signs.

Any of them been fined? Hmm, i guess not as they still continually park there. I actually mentioned this when i was stopped a few years back and the answer was "We're only targetting cyclists at this time". I asked why and was told that that was the instructions they had.

So, for any of you with any doubt that this type of thing is not just targetting cyclists you are mistaken.

.elcaro.
Elcaro
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts