Polhill / Windmill Digging

Postby SeanDuggan on Tue 22/May/12 2:34pm

Hi all,

I get 1 work volunteer day a year from my employer and need to use it or lose it, would love to spend it helping on trail building, so who if anyone controls the track building in Polhill Wellington and is there a weekday work party coming up soon?

Sean
SeanDuggan
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Polhill / Windmill Digging

Postby gristle on Tue 22/May/12 2:55pm

Hi Sean,

If the weather is fine there is the usual Wed lunchtime dig on tomorrow.
We normally do a couple of hours. Craig or Kevin may be digging at other times (and for longer) this week which may suit you better.

Andrew.
gristle
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby cstarnes on Tue 22/May/12 3:02pm

Hey Sean

Thanks for the offer. When does the day expire? We are trying to sort out another company for a corp volunteer day so it would be easy to join in with that. Failing that, I can meet up with you one lunchtime and show you the deal and you can then return for your day - I'd help out at some point during the day.

Cheers Craig
cstarnes
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby SeanDuggan on Tue 22/May/12 4:49pm

The day doesn't expire for a month or two. Keen to do it with a group. Will get the exact deadline for my day.

And post back here, thanks for the replies guys
SeanDuggan

Postby sifter on Tue 22/May/12 5:29pm

good on you Sean :thumbsup:
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby wallyg on Tue 22/May/12 8:15pm

just spent 3 days in Welly for work and did a ride everyday and one was up there.you guys have done a fantastic job and the local riders are very lucky to have guys like you working hard for them.
cheers wally
wallyg
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby cstarnes on Wed 23/May/12 8:54am

Thanks Wally

Sean, pencil in 30 May. The other corp group are thinking of doing that day but are yet to confirm.
cstarnes

Postby thelongwalk on Wed 23/May/12 11:33pm

SeanDuggan wrote:The day doesn't expire for a month or two. Keen to do it with a group. Will get the exact deadline for my day.

And post back here, thanks for the replies guys

Thx for the offer to help out Sean, I've sent you a pm- personal message -with info and phone numbers for next week. You'll need to log in to read it. cheers kev.
thelongwalk
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby SeanDuggan on Thu 24/May/12 12:30pm

Awesome guys, feels good to be giving back :)
SeanDuggan

Postby SeanDuggan on Thu 31/May/12 1:01pm

Fab day guys, thanks again to those the organised it.

Body not to sore today either, the yoga must be helping :)
SeanDuggan

Postby TheyLookLikeUs on Sat 9/Jun/12 10:31pm

So while I wait for news on my Stumpy's dented seat-stay from the friendly folks at iRide, I don't want to ride it to hard. Still feeling like I need to get out and do something this weekend though, so, anyone digging tomorrow?
TheyLookLikeUs
Member for: 6 years 7 months

Postby properzel on Sat 9/Jun/12 10:52pm

Good old "the long walk" was out there today, outsloping/armouring CPX.

Generally the crew up there tends to go out for a ride the better day on weekends and digging the other.
Today wasn't a bad day at all but tomorrow will (fingers crossed) be the better one, so riding will be in order.
Also if it was pissing down like the last week over, giving the tracks one more day, to dry out can move the riding day to Sunday, too..

Long story short, the chances are not that great. But Craig might be up there, I'll try to let him know there is interest.

Good on ya BTW, asking and having the motivation. Much appreciated and I hope your stumpy gets sorted soon.

Chris.
properzel
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby TheyLookLikeUs on Sat 9/Jun/12 11:55pm

Thanks, what I might do is just sift up there around 12-1 and have a peek if anyone is there.
TheyLookLikeUs
Member for: 6 years 7 months

Postby cstarnes on Sun 10/Jun/12 7:57am

I'll be on Windmill not long after 12. Go in from the Windmill Rd crossing (the green strip on the road) and follow the lower track (below Carparts) to the end. I'll be there somewhere until 1.45.

Cheers Craig
cstarnes

Postby thelongwalk on Sat 7/Jul/12 7:38pm

Will be digging tomorrow on Windmill. Say 1-3, maybe to 4. Follow the track below Caparts south.

At a guess we have 300 metres to dig in 2 sections with a bigger guess of 800 metres to armour.
thelongwalk
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Cycling | Trail Building - Latest Posts