IMG_3045.JPG
IMG_3046.JPG
IMG_3047.JPG
IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3050.JPG
IMG_3051.JPG
IMG_3052.JPG
What's this ?? Tony pushing his bike ! He'll give ya some story his chain broke !!
IMG_3053.JPG
IMG_3054.JPG
IMG_3055.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3057.JPG
FlyinBiker
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Re: Photos - Club Day Mt Thomas

Postby XCguy on Sun 17/May/09 8:42pm

Why was miniGIANT senior standing around and not on a bike? :o

How much track have you guys got out there now? It looks fairly flat. Or are the photos deceptive?
XCguy
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby D2 on Sun 17/May/09 11:01pm

We have started with a 2km loop,a steady kind climb with a flowing ride back down all through exotic forest. Now Ready to extend uphill. I'm sure father Paul will give you an update.
D2

Postby XCguy on Mon 18/May/09 12:53pm

Good work guys :)
XCguy
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby kneeman on Mon 18/May/09 1:10pm

This is a course for miniGIANT senior and XCwife to enjoy. Having said that the three lads being miniGIANT, Charlie and Craig O had a ball of a time with the fastest lap being 6.02 for the 2k loop so if you compare that to Living Springs fastest lap being 13.12 for the 4k then the photos are deceptive. Congratulation to Lindsay and Deb and the Nth Cant club for getting this going.
kneeman
Member for: 5 years 5 months

Postby D2 on Wed 3/Feb/10 10:31am

Thought I would use this forum in the mean time to update the Working Bee Progress.
Last night 2nd Feb had four of us working. Lindsay, Margot, Jamie and myself and managed to tidy up a new entrance way to the loop track as we had had some windfall in that area.

Also scraped a new piece through from the end of the Loop back to the east side of the Bridge so you don't have to go out onto the road again.
:)
Then progressed to the end of the new track ( We need names for these) cutting it back to join into the far eastern point of that. Lindsay had managed to get the tractor and slasher into this part and then sprayed so just a matter of scraping away the dead grass now. Another hour or two needed here and a bridge to go in which is under control and that link will be complete. Think part of this will also need some shingle as think will be wet in winter but we can get the motor bike close here so not a big job.
Also managed to use a knapsack of round up so great work everyone.
:exclaim:
D2

Postby D2 on Mon 22/Feb/10 5:00pm

A late update on last weeks progress. Dallas, Margot, Lindsay and Debbie had a great night once again making some major progress. The bridge at the bottom is in, rocks bedded into the exit from it using some beautiful flat rocks!! a bit of shingle on the new piece that would appear it will be wet in winter, a better line cut on the approach and then we ventured up the hill tidying - trimming as we went.
Have had some visitors to the track over the weekend and the enthusiasm is mounting.
Believe we have had some elves up there since then so looking forward to my next visit. Thanks everyone.
I will try and get some photos taken!
D2

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | North Canterbury Cycling Club - Latest Posts