Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Gorse on Wed 16/Mar/11 11:21pm

Grumpy cyclist rant on -Why is it always that texting drivers are young women? Why can't they shut the fuck up for 10min, if only for the purposes of steering a motor vehicle down a road? It's like they're navigating via phone... - Grumpy cyclist rant off.
Gorse
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby R+P+K on Thu 17/Mar/11 9:34am

Gorse wrote:Grumpy cyclist rant on -Why is it always that texting drivers are young women? Why can't they shut the fuck up for 10min, if only for the purposes of steering a motor vehicle down a road? It's like they're navigating via phone... - Grumpy cyclist rant off.


Because if Sharon totally gets with Laquisha's BF then OMG WTF? Her BF is a total man-skank so they're made for each other. In fact, f*ck 'em they can have each other, I mean it's not like he was good in the sack anyway....
R+P+K
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 17/Mar/11 11:15am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Slim on Thu 17/Mar/11 2:52pm

It's probably a bit to do with getting anywhere in CHCH at the moment being a fucking mission. I spend half my day talking on my mobile while stuck in traffic at the moment. I however have a handsfree phone, so I am perfectly legal.
Slim
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Percy Pig on Thu 17/Mar/11 3:11pm

Slim wrote:It's probably a bit to do with getting anywhere in CHCH at the moment being a fucking mission. I spend half my day talking on my mobile while stuck in traffic at the moment. I however have a handsfree phone, so I am perfectly legal.

You need to drive though, its not like you can carry 400kg of hydraulic stuffs on a bike is it! :eh:

What annoys me is wankers driving right to the end of the merging traffic, past a whole bunch of people being polite and merging like a zip as they should, and then expecting to be let in at the last minute. :angry:
Percy Pig
User avatar
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 17/Mar/11 3:43pm

Percy Pig wrote:What annoys me is wankers driving right to the end of the merging traffic, past a whole bunch of people being polite and merging like a zip as they should, and then expecting to be let in at the last minute. :angry:

Yeah fuck yeah! need a bonnet mounted bazooka mounted for those cunzors.
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 17/Mar/11 4:48pm

Meh, all fair in my book :)
How's it any different from 2 lanes merging you see all over the city?
You don't see anyone merging early in those situations do you?
You guys are just too polite :D
Astoria Paranoia
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby klxracer on Thu 17/Mar/11 6:06pm

People who try to creep right to the front of the merge after people before them have already merged suck ass. Although it's kinda funny when they get shut out by somebody, and then the whole stream of cars who saw it do the same, leaving them stranded on the shoulder for ages.
klxracer
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby neels on Thu 17/Mar/11 6:24pm

Is it ok to use your mobile while driving to call *555 about a complete wanker who just went all road rage on your arse? (Entirely hypothetical situation of course)

Or is that some sort of legal and moral paradox than even god and ken ring can't explain?
neels
User avatar
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 19/Mar/11 6:54pm

Wobbler wrote:
Colin wrote:Saw an item the other day say Chch motorists shouldn't think police were too busy doing busy stuff to enforce traffic laws

They had noticed increase in speeding, failure to stop @ red lights / stop signs and cell phone use while driving.

Article said people shouldn't think police were taking a relaxed attitude and that they were going to starting frying some arse.


Red light running is well absurd at he moment. Tonight I was roughly beside a car when a light a fair distance away went orange so I just started to coast down, they accelerated hard and entered the intersection when it was already red :eh: . No traffic around nice long bit of road (blenheim road going south by maptio street for the chch people)
,

yeah your right I saw at least 8 " cyclists" go through a red light today at a motorway on ramp headin out to the air port
Mickyfinn
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Trail on Sat 19/Mar/11 6:59pm

neels wrote:Is it ok to use your mobile while driving to call *555 about a complete wanker who just went all road rage on your arse? (Entirely hypothetical situation of course)

Or is that some sort of legal and moral paradox than even god and ken ring can't explain?


No, but you are quite welcome to pull over and *555 the twat :sly:
Trail
User avatar
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby happybaboon on Sat 19/Mar/11 7:01pm

neels wrote:Is it ok to use your mobile while driving to call *555 about a complete wanker who just went all road rage on your arse? (Entirely hypothetical situation of course)

Or is that some sort of legal and moral paradox than even god and ken ring can't explain?

I have a vague recollection of some sort of "emergency" clause in the cellphone law what allows you to use your phone for important/safetyish matters.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 19/Mar/11 7:08pm

happybaboon wrote:
neels wrote:Is it ok to use your mobile while driving to call *555 about a complete wanker who just went all road rage on your arse? (Entirely hypothetical situation of course)

Or is that some sort of legal and moral paradox than even god and ken ring can't explain?

I have a vague recollection of some sort of "emergency" clause in the cellphone law what allows you to use your phone for important/safetyish matters.


for emergency services
Mickyfinn
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby happybaboon on Sat 19/Mar/11 7:32pm

A driver may, while driving a vehicle, use a mobile phone if—
*
“(a) the driver is using the phone to make a 111 or *555 call; and
*

“(b) it is unsafe or impracticable for the driver to stop and park the vehicle to make the call.

Nope... Seems as if it is fair play to call *555 while driving if "impraticable", so if you were following a dangerous driver and wanting to dob them in while keeping an eye on them then maybe it'd be OK. Or on the motorway or whatevar where stopping is retarded.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Phones And Driving?

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 19/Mar/11 7:37pm

happybaboon wrote:
A driver may, while driving a vehicle, use a mobile phone if—
*
“(a) the driver is using the phone to make a 111 or *555 call; and
*

“(b) it is unsafe or impracticable for the driver to stop and park the vehicle to make the call.

Nope... Seems as if it is fair play to call *555 while driving if "impraticable", so if you were following a dangerous driver and wanting to dob them in while keeping an eye on them then maybe it'd be OK. Or on the motorway or whatevar where stopping is retarded.


so you see a dangerous driver and your following the dangerous driver and you make a phone call as well..... doh....
Mickyfinn
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Cars | Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

43 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle