Re: Peugeotism

Postby Simonius_Titius on Thu 19/Jan/12 10:55pm

A white PSV10 looking like the US and French 1982-3 model (pre-rainbow) surfaced in Chch last week.
Being a PSV nerd I was telling the buyer those first ones usually have French BB and maybe fork but he found English threads and, flabbergastingly, a Healing sticker.

I have had mild obsession with NZ steel bikes and with the PSV10 but never would have guessed the Healing connection. Were the frames ever made here? I measured three sizes of 1986-ish PSV10 in the shed and none of them quite match the geometry in the US or French catalogues. The 1986 56cm is a scarlet that the catalogues show on other models but never on a PSV.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby pukeko on Sun 22/Jan/12 12:19pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:A white PSV10 looking like the US and French 1982-3 model (pre-rainbow) surfaced in Chch last week.
Being a PSV nerd I was telling the buyer those first ones usually have French BB and maybe fork but he found English threads and, flabbergastingly, a Healing sticker.

I have had mild obsession with NZ steel bikes and with the PSV10 but never would have guessed the Healing connection. Were the frames ever made here? I measured three sizes of 1986-ish PSV10 in the shed and none of them quite match the geometry in the US or French catalogues. The 1986 56cm is a scarlet that the catalogues show on other models but never on a PSV.

Thats correct re Scarlet colour, had completely forgotten about those, by far the most popular colour was the Pearl white but as I said there was a blue one and yes, now that you mention it a Scarlet, think they called it Pearl Red, was quite nice but not overly popular, especially in the larger sizes.
The first Peugeot PBN & PSV10's where imported from France, and therefore most likely french thread, and then they were made under licence in the factory in Bromely along with all the other Healing products, when they closed the factory they had a clearance auction and all the leftover bits were sold.
pukeko
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby pukeko on Sun 22/Jan/12 2:38pm

Just had a look through some of my old catalogues etc and Peugeots were also done by a place called Cycle Imports in Hamilton and once Healings went through, Cyclemakers in Timaru did them, can't remember whether they made them or whether they were importing them.
pukeko
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Cycling | Retro Bicycles - Latest Posts